New user New doorbell

nukeworker

n3wb
Reaction score
I am pretty new to the IP cam world. I started by buying a reolink dome camera, hooking it up to POE switch attached to a 2nd NIC on a PC running BI in a VM. Got that working, next I connected an existing Annke (rebranded Hikvision) NVR and its 4 cameras to BI. Latest step is connecting a Reolink wifi doorbell to BI. That is up and running. My question is how do I stop the Reolink from phoning home? can I sett it up on a VLAN (I have no idea how to set one up)? Can I setup a separate network for it on my router (ASUS RT-AX86U running Merlin) so it can't connect to anything else? If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be great. Also, how do I get BI to notify me when

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since you said you have a second NIC, you could put the BI server and the cams on a switch with 1 NIC, and give the 2nd NIC Internet access and connect it to your LAN that serves the rest of the house, TV's. phones, tablets, etc.

Schema example:

Network Topology 2NICs.JPG

nukeworker

n3wb
Reaction score
Since you said you have a second NIC, you could put the BI server and the cams on a switch with 1 NIC, and give the 2nd NIC Internet access and connect it to your LAN that serves the rest of the house, TV's. phones, tablets, etc.

Schema example:

View attachment 184356
I have my network set up as shown in the attached diagram. My BI PC is attached to the main network, and the second NIC has 1 POE camera attached. The Annke cameras are behind their own NIC that is part of the NVR, and the doorbell is part of the wifi network.

Attachments