Newbie, limited camera, Nvr exposure

ammaurim

n3wb
Reaction score
I have acquired a Digiever 4336 pro NVR and I want to hook Up cameras to It, I have a Panasonic SFV631LT and a Dahua BW4433R-2S - both of which I was connecting thru a Dlink DGS 1008P switch directly to the NVR - I cant get the cameras to come up on the NVR. I tried using my laptop and accessing the cameras thru the switch and only the Panasonic comes up and is a lousy image. ( not like it would have thru another switch and the Panasonic NVR setup.

I have dealt with Panasonic cameras and Panasonic NVR thru a switch with NO problem, I know I am asking for trouble trying to get different suppliers to communicate together. what may I be doing wrong. do I need to have the switch also go thru a modem before connecting to NVR? Or maybe I have a faulty switch.

I am struggling here

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No modem required.
Is the NVR ONVIF compatible?
Are the cameras ONVIF compatible?
If so, then you should be able to manually add the cameras to the NVR, through the NVR's interface.
Hook one camera at a time to the POE switch, then connect a cable from the POE switch to the NVR.
You will need to know the IP address's of the cameras.
Use the manual add function of the NVR.
Be sure to study this: Wiki

ammaurim

n3wb
Reaction score
I didn't think you needed a modem or router, the cameras are onvif compatible, used the IP address to try to install cameras in the manual mode - even tried to do thru dahua software on laptop, no luck. I know the Panasonic camera works fine thru a Panasonic system, but that was thru a different switch. May have to acquire a different switch to see if that is the problem