Night of Fluffy Clouds

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Pacific Northwest is notorious for our cloud cover. Bummer when they hide the sun, but clouds can also beautiful, particularly here just before they run up against the cascade mountains.
Here are 12 hours of sky coverage looking west. Look carefully and you'll see Orion, Sirius, and Menkar peek out between the clouds

Video recorded with Loryta IPC-Color-4KT 2.8 mm, 225 msec shutter, 4 fps and processed to be a time lapse at 180X speed.

Reaction score
Very nice, thanks for sharing! I saw your other YT of Orion and the satellite. I have an IPC-B52IR-z12-s2 coming soon and I'll have to try some stargazing at the 12x (60mm) "telescope" setting. My real telescope is a 10" f/5.6 tracking split C-ring Dobsonian I made a long time ago, but never explored installing a sensor and recording with it.

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You should be able to get some nice captures with that Dobsonian and camera. Envious here. You have a lot more light gathering power than our little security cams. Still, I'm floored at what the Dahua sensors are managing with their short shutter times.

Every time I want to get a real scope, I get "reminded" by the more frequent than not cloud cover here.