No picture when on LTE using Blue Iris mobile app - Can I make streaming video quality adjustments?

jayleoness

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When i access Blue Iris from my phone via wifi everything works great, but when I am on LTE/cell phone data I can log in and open the app but the camera boxes just show blank or black screens. I am assuming the data isnt strong enough to stream it. Is there a setting where I can lower the streaming quality to the iphone app so I can watch thru cell phone signal? Or even better, adjusts the quality if I am using a wifi connection or not.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks @TonyR. That is one relevant location.

Another is in Blue Iris Settings > Web Server > Advanced. You'll find three streaming profiles there which you can configure, and select one of them in the mobile app's settings. I suggest leaving Streaming 0 untouched, as it is used by the UI3 web interface and if you mess with it, you may undermine UI3's own streaming profiles. But you could configure the Streaming 1 and Streaming 2 profiles with lower bit rate limits (that is the main thing that impacts bandwidth usage) and select one of them in the app.

jayleoness

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks @TonyR. That is one relevant location.

Another is in Blue Iris Settings > Web Server > Advanced. You'll find three streaming profiles there which you can configure, and select one of them in the mobile app's settings. I suggest leaving Streaming 0 untouched, as it is used by the UI3 web interface and if you mess with it, you may undermine UI3's own streaming profiles. But you could configure the Streaming 1 and Streaming 2 profiles with lower bit rate limits (that is the main thing that impacts bandwidth usage) and select one of them in the app.
can you explain a little more how i would go about setting this up. so i unchecked the require limit decoding box from that post #10. then i adjusted one of the encoder profiles from 256 down to 100kps and selected it for both lan and wan profiles on the BI app. but i still cant see any camera picture when using just LTE data.