No wifi camera

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post or not. I have a quick question I have no wifi around to get security. What would be the best choice for a cellular camera. I've googled and they didn't have much on this, hope someone can pop in here and let me know Thanks.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I only know a cellular "game" camera, as the CuddeLink Cell. I cannot attest to any of this unit's performance, just recently saw it in a hunting magazine while sitting in chiropractor's office!

cuddelink_small.jpg

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't expect to find a good security camera with cellular built in.

This might be worth looking at: Ubiquiti | Simplifying IT However I don't know if the service these are designed for comes with a public IP address, so it might be hard to set up remote access.

There are lots of LTE connection options for various routers; the above is just a somewhat simplified platform.

Chances are, you won't get a public IP address with a cellular plan unless you spend a fortune on it. So you would need to set up a VPN server at a location where you do have a public IP address, and set up a VPN client at the site with your camera, and connect to the camera through the VPN tunnel. I've done this several times and it is a real pain in the ass. Not something I can guide a newbie through.

Last edited: