OSD Trouble on Older HD-IP Dome

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to remove the OSD of the time and add an overlay for the IP of the camera. I have done it on all of our other cameras on this system, but I can't get it to work on this old firmware. I have tried making this change on IE as I've always done, but to no avail. It let's me make the change and says "Save Successful" when I hit save, but when I return to the OSD tab the settings are reverted. I will say that I was never prompted to download or allow the Java plugin when I web into this cam. I assume that has something to do with my issue. Is there a way to go download the plugin without being prompted? Also, when trying to view the model number of the camera the text box is blank, so researching this has been a pain. Attached is a screen grab of the OSD tab in question. I can provide any extra info that may be needed, just stuck scratching my head on this one.

ThanksOSD.png

Reaction score
Have you performed a hard reset (if able) ?
What is the model number?
Sorry, should have mentioned, hard reset was the first thing I tried. As for the model number I'll have to reclimb the tower it is mounted on to get it. The text box where the model number should be is blank and grayed out in the GUI. I can provide the serial number if that's helpful.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If the camera is ONVIF compatible, maybe ONVIF Device Manager (sourceforge.net) would provide more info than is in the camera web GUI.
Given some admin credentials (top left of the window), some configuration changes should be possible.