Patrols, Presets and problems- OH MY!

steve1814

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings all,

I have a unique situation that I am trying to solve and need some guidance please.

1. I am using the Sealevel SeaDAC lite to trigger my cameras to go to a certain preset when a doorbell is pressed and record 30 secs of activity- I am able to get that part working just fine.

2. I also am using the auto-cycle patrol to have my camera "return to home" after manually PTZ'ing it around by using only two presets that are exactly the same.

I'd like to try and combine #1 and #2 together on one of my cameras so that when the doorbell activity (#1) is concluded the camera then returns to home (#2). Problem is I can't figure out how to do it! :( Any Guru's out there that may have a solution (other than getting a cam with a built in "return to home")

Thanks,
Steve

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm no guru, but try setting the "Resume cycle/schedule after inactivity" at the bottom of the PTZ tab for that cam. I have mine on a schedule to change positions for day/night (set up under the Schedule tab - Events schedule button). Haven't tried tying it to a cycle, but the way that it works with the schedule is that if I change the position, then it will return the cam back to whatever the scheduled position is after N seconds of activity. I'd think that it would work in the same way with your presets.