PFA121 threaded plug

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good evening,

I’m going to mount a camera to a pfa121. The junction box has a knockout/plug and I need to use it to run my cat5 through. The hole is a 3/4G thread which is British. Has anyone ever used these or something similar?

3/4-in Die Cast Zinc Clamp-on Type Service Entrance Connector Conduit Fittings
Try something like a PVC Male Thread Drain Plug from a big box hardware store. That seems to work well.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
What are you looking to accomplish?

I used a 3/4" > 1/2" PVC reducer and then threaded a 1/2" conduit fitting into it for the install on my fence.

I would not use one of those clamp type fittings on ethernet. Use a gland.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice. The second picture is what I’m trying to do. Between than and a clamp about 3-4” down from it should be good to go. I’ve seen that Ethernet fitting before. Are they readily available at Lowes or HD? Thank you Capt.!

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nice. The second picture is what I’m trying to do. Between than and a clamp about 3-4” down from it should be good to go. I’ve seen that Ethernet fitting before. Are they readily available at Lowes or HD? Thank you Capt.!
I don’t know if they are at Lowe’s or HD. They’re called cable glands. And my method requires a drill and tap set. The pvc cap needs to be threaded because the hole in the rack of the cap is not big enough for the nut on the gland.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve got taps up to 5/8-24. I’ll get some cable glands on order. I was thinking drill to 1/4, insert cat5 and terminate lol. I figure I could seal around the cable but your way is better.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
It is hit/miss if Lowes and Home Depot have them. Menards carried some good ones, but have since gone with a different brand that doesn't come with a nut and gasket. They are also only in 1/2" and 3/4" trade sizes. This increases the size of the thread and the size of the hole in the seal.

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’ve got taps up to 5/8-24. I’ll get some cable glands on order. I was thinking drill to 1/4, insert cat5 and terminate lol. I figure I could seal around the cable but your way is better.
Most of the time, you’ll see cable gland sizes like pg7 or pg9. I don’t know the thread size for those. But they do sell glands with not sizes on Amazon.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
maybe this could provide a 2413EE37-0DB8-41C8-96B1-CB848039D254.jpegcorrelation between both measurements