POE SWITCH RECOMMENDATION - Help

RWDM3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
what POE switch do you guys recommend for a 18-20 camera setup - so ideally 24 port minimum just in case i need more cameras
i have been reading and what i have come up with is
BVTECH - buy new from amazon
or CISCO switch - buy one off ebay

leaning towards the cicso used option as i am trying to keep costs low as i have to buy so many cameras, but there is so many options of cisco switches on ebay, what is a good one ?

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I started with an 8 port POE switch but as my system grew I ordered a 48 port refurbished HP unit for $50. It worked well but I don't like the noise from the fan. I took it out and went back to my original 8 port unit and added a BVTECH with 8 POE ports. I would rather add another fan-less unmanaged unit as the system grows. Should 1 switch fail it would not but my system out of business. Here is the BV that I last added.
This Is just my preference but going with a used Cisco would be fine.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was overwhelmed when I was looking for a POE switch but a Cisco SF250-48HP showed up on Facebook Marketplace and I bought it for $30. It’s been great, no problems at all, even though I’ll probably never use all 48 ports. Good luck with your decision!

RWDM3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was overwhelmed when I was looking for a POE switch but a Cisco SF250-48HP showed up on Facebook Marketplace and I bought it for $30. It’s been great, no problems at all, even though I’ll probably never use all 48 ports. Good luck with your decision!
how is it? any complaints? how the noise
i am looking at either a new unit from amazon (under $300 CND) or a used unit from ebay (under $150 CND) however there is so much choice in the Cisco switches i dont know where to start
ive read so many different options that im more confused then ever
(some people say dont buy old used ciscos because they draw a lot more power then the newer units, some people say they are loud etc)

i want to do 18-20 cam now, maybe add some more later, any input would be appreciated