Port Forwarding on 4G LTE device

Beefarmer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have switched over to a 4G LTE Router and am unable to port forward at this point. Anyone else using maybe T-Mobile on a LTE device and are unable to port forward?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have switched over to a 4G LTE Router and am unable to port forward at this point. Anyone else using maybe T-Mobile on a LTE device and are unable to port forward?

Thanks
that is expected as you dont have a routeable external ip. Some providers will offer you one for a fee. Otherwise see ngrok or hamachi

Beefarmer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, do you feel pretty confident that either of those two programs are secure? Thanks again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, do you feel pretty confident that either of those two programs are secure? Thanks again.
it depends how you use them, hamachi is a vpn so most secure. Both are way more secure than port forwarding which is not at all secure.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
If you don't "trust" external programs/networks (like hamachi), you can always try to setup OpenVPN server on a VPS, and have your router (as a VPN client) outbound connect to that VPS, enabling you to connect to your camera's that way through your VPS.

bundyboy

n3wb
Reaction score
that is expected as you dont have a routeable external ip. Some providers will offer you one for a fee. Otherwise see ngrok or hamachi
Hi,

If I install ngrok on my computer (windows 10). does the computer needs to be turned on the all the time, to have access to the camera ?

tnx