PTZ stopped working with Dahua SD49225T-HN on tinyCam Pro

lakeguy55

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Dahua SD49225T-HN that I've used with tinyCam Pro for some time without issue. But about a year ago, the PTZ functions stopped working (no config changes on my end). Video stream for viewing works fine. I've tried off and on to see if I could figure this out to no avail. I have other cameras on tinyCam that work fine, and the Dahua PTZ functions work fine using IPcam Viewer and Blue Iris, So the issue seems to only be with tinyCam Pro. I prefer the features and layout of tinyCam, as do other family members. But the lack of PTZ functions may require moving to another platform. Before doing so, any recommendations on how to troubleshoot?

I have contacted tinyCam support on this in the past but never received a response.

Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, the developer @alexvas, hasn't posted on IPCT in over 3 years, so who know what his status it. :idk::confused:
Is it sane to assume you've uninstalled/re-installed TC?

What device (Android phone, tablet, TV) is TC showing this issue?

lakeguy55

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, the developer @alexvas, hasn't posted on IPCT in over 3 years, so who know what his status it. :idk::confused:
Is it sane to assume you've uninstalled/re-installed TC?

What device (Android phone, tablet, TV) is TC showing this issue?
Yes, I have tried a reinstall. I use it on both an Android phone and a tablet. Same issue on both.

I did just discover that it is NOT working on Blue Iris. Sorry, I thought it had been. That may be the better platform to troubleshoot (it's on Windows). It definitely still works with IP Cam Viewer

javierfer

n3wb
Reaction score
My camera is dead and I want to revive it. My question is, what are the connection pins for the UART port? Is additional hardware necessary to connect to the UART of this camera other than USB-TTL? Has anyone been able to establish communication through the UART port for this camera?