Remote access camera server without subscription

ipnewman

n3wb
Reaction score
I spent about 8 hours installing, configuring and trying to add my security camera to a ZoneMinder server, but gave up in frustration. I installed ispy on another computer and added the camera in about 5min, so wiped the other computer and installed Windows and iSpy (thinking they were both free).

I now see there is a subscription fee to remotely access the cameras (which the person I'm setting this up for won't pay). I really don't want to reinstall zoneminder again.

Is there a way to access the web server and view the cameras without the paid iSpy subscription?

DesertRat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I spent about 8 hours installing, configuring and trying to add my security camera to a ZoneMinder server, but gave up in frustration. I installed ispy on another computer and added the camera in about 5min, so wiped the other computer and installed Windows and iSpy (thinking they were both free).

I now see there is a subscription fee to remotely access the cameras (which the person I'm setting this up for won't pay). I really don't want to reinstall zoneminder again.

Is there a way to access the web server and view the cameras without the paid iSpy subscription?
I used iSpy several years ago (before I discovered Blue Iris) and never paid a fee for remote access. I used Chrome Remote Desktop for that. My advice is to pay the one time 50 bucks for BI and never look back.