Resetting password on YoLuke model

Reaction score
I have two YoLuke HD PTZ Security Camera. I bought them last fall. Model P3-5X-5MPW

During the initial set up, I changed the password, as instructed. The original credentials were:
user: admin
pwd: admin

It is even stamped in the frame. They worked for a couple of months but then I took them offline due to weather and put them away. When I brought them back online, I was told the PW I had assigned did not work.
I brought the cameras into the house, connected them to the routers and followed the instructions to install.
I followed the instructions to reset the PW via the hardware button on the camera body.
Though there is not an image of where such button is located, the is a hole about 1 inch above the lens. I've inserted a pointed object into the hold. I am not sure if I detect a click or some indication that I have pressed the reset. I have tried multiple times. Sometimes I think I detect a faint click.
Having said all of that, the response is still the same. "Wrong Password".
I have tried the reset option with the camera disconnected from the power and connected. Same result.
I opened the SD card door to see if anything makes sense, inside. Beside the card slot is a button so I depressed it for 10 seconds but no change.
This is affecting both cameras the same way.

At this point, I am assuming it is the phone software that is not recognizing the PW.
I am using CamHipro V: 3.0.8.0.

Papa1951

n3wb
Reaction score
it's very simple...I have been doing it for years. If you hit the reset button, or did a factory reset, the login and PW are at admin, admin...BUT...check the ""search tool,"" and make sure that your router has not done an DHCP change of your IP address.....It will show you the new IP adress, if it has or has not...Type the IP address, like mine 192.168.1.177...into your browser, I use Chrome, used to use Internet Explorer, for example, and the Camera GUI will open up...They all have internal Graphic User Interfaces, which shows how you have full control over camera setting...Click on settings, go to "Advanced", and then find user and change your PW there! I have 4 Yo-Lukes, which are also made from Jide-Tech, same company! When you log in from a reboot like that, it will ask you to download the "Client Setup App", which then allows the GUI to show in english, NOT Chinese!.....then go to ''PC View,'' and you will be able to change the Login/PW....then do a reboot, and you will be able to login with YOUR info, not theirs! Then in settings make other changes! Date, Time, record functioon, time, motion detection, (if applicable), Humanoid, etc, time zone, and more. If you are using an H265 version, go to video settings, and select the 2560 x 1440 and the screen will change to 16x9, instead of 4:3.......I have been using these cameras for about 5 years now with Blue Iris 5, no issues, and I am now looking for a clean download of HIP2P CMS Client ver 6.5.5.3 vs the earlier one I have been using, also for years. I am an expert on that too! If you know where I can get a CLEAN download, please let me know!

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your well thought out reply. I do have it working but not as you say.
With my particular model, there are three connection cables.
1. Ethernet
2. 12v Pwr
3. a small button

the third is never referenced in the manual which is really bad in all respects. Out of curiosity, I pressed the little button. Later I tried connection and discovered that the default PW of admin/admin worked. Knowing that most things that fix themselves, usually break themselves, I did the reset again. At first it did not work, but then I did it while under power and tried again.
So, for anyone with a similar camera, the reset button is the third cable from the camera. To reset the PW, press and hold the button for ~10 while pwr is supplied to the camera. I cannot vouch for PoE since I am providing pwr via the 12v adapter.

And, for the record, I always assign my own IP address and do not use DHCP.