Review-OEM IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2mp AI active deterrence cam

svenk

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried the above firmware. Bricked it and had to restore back to 2.800 22.R with configtool.

Looks like your hunch was good.

roaoro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was able to upgrade to the newest 2.82 firmware from the dahua site just fine. It added the ability to use the audio linkage and light under general motion detection. Very nice feature! FYI, I upgraded via chrome browser. Note, the zip file has multiple .bin files, I used the "multilanguage" bin. I'm guessing that if you select the incorrect one, you will have issues.

mat-with-one-t

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys. Been using this cam for some time with few issues. I keep playing around with settings and it's getting dialled in. A few things I wanted to ask:

- I have been successfully using the "strobe" function + "voice deterrent"., but:
a) I am yet to figure out how to record and use a "custom" recording. Ideas?
b) can I use an external better quality speaker? The one in the cam is a little crap. Are some of those cables some sort of RCA audio out?

- can i talk via the camera's speaker in real time from a remote client? For example, can I speak into my iphone and have my voice come out of the cam speaker? Can this be a 2-way conversation? If so, can a better external mic be used? If so, how?

Cheers! Mat

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I absolutely agree with you that the built in speaker is an absolute POS. Dahua could have done better. I think they didn't want to put a speaker that would sound too intrusive. You should be able to connect an external speaker, if I recall correctly there is one wire labelled as audio / RCA out. You should also be able to speak through the camera in Realtime, that is advertised (two-way communication). I believe you have to custom voice record on your computer then convert to the compatible file type the Camera's GUI accepts. There is an option where you can upload additional sounds. :)

Hi guys. Been using this cam for some time with few issues. I keep playing around with settings and it's getting dialled in. A few things I wanted to ask:

- I have been successfully using the "strobe" function + "voice deterrent"., but:
b) can I use an external better quality speaker? The one in the cam is a little crap. Are some of those cables some sort of RCA audio out?

- can i talk via the camera's speaker in real time from a remote client? For example, can I speak into my iphone and have my voice come out of the cam speaker? Can this be a 2-way conversation? If so, can a better external mic be used? If so, how?

Cheers! Mat

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^+1 - that is correct. Record audio file on another computer and then load it into camera.

Depending on how you store video (NVR, BI, etc.) dictates the app you use to use the talk feature. And you can add a speaker to it.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Cheers! Mat
Read the first page of this thread.

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The active deterrence cam found from the warehouse.
Unfortunately only 1080p.
It’s hard to go back when I’m used to 4k quality.

704388.jpg

newkit

n3wb
Reaction score
is this camera still sold? can't seem to find it anymore :(

newkit

n3wb
Reaction score
ok thx.
general question : are all dahua mount compatible with all dahua bullet cameras?
ex. I ordered the PFB204W mount : is it compatible with ?
I can't find any information about that.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
You have to download the pdf file from the link for info on junction boxes:
Just a FYI on the camera you linked don’t have a great image sensor for night time vision. 1.2/7
See recommended sensor size chart below.
3699A84C-EC0A-4A24-9609-8B22A0C93835.png

newkit

n3wb
Reaction score
You have to download the pdf file from the link for info on junction boxes:
Just a FYI on the camera you linked don’t have a great image sensor for night time vision. 1.2/7
See recommended sensor size chart below.
View attachment 187005
ok thx.
yeah 2MP cameras are so rare on aliexpress (only site I get decent shipping options for my country) and 4MP with larger sensor are above my budget.