Reaction score
I use a NVR5216-16P-I
V4.000.0000000.1 2019-08-19
For recording and extra AI features (ie face recognition) and
T5241H-AS-PV cam
V2.800.0000000.3 2019-07-19

All from Andy.
Really pleased with NVR and cameras.
Re the value for money as mentioned above, I think these cameras really do require a Dahua NVR (or Blue Iris?) to perform as indicated in the spec sheets. If you're running them off their own hardware (default settings; i.e. 1920x1080p, 25 fps, VBR, plus IVS enabled), at least my camera is very sensitive to additional load such as more IVS rules. I suspect it doesn't have the CPU power to handle all the tasks that the camera's UI allows for, but rely on separate hardware to offload the capabilities - though you notice by the camera dropping connections, as I did. I wouldn't say that's very clear from any product descriptions I've read, but rather implied since tests seem to be carried out either on Blue Iris or an NVR. Good to know for anyone planning to buy one or more.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Just to make sure I got this right, a new firmware update resolving the Smart IR in this model will also be released in the near future, right? @EMPIRETECANDY

Last edited:

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have bought one of these from Andy as I like the idea of an alarm/flashing light warning cam...… I can set up the ivs trip wire on other cams but am having trouble getting this one to work.Also Can anyone tell me how to get the alarm/flashing light to work as have never used alarms etc before......is it simple to set up, can I have it detect a human size object and not identify a cat for set hours?? Hope I am making sense and look forward to any info. Many thanks

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have bought one of these from Andy as I like the idea of an alarm/flashing light warning cam...… I can set up the ivs trip wire on other cams but am having trouble getting this one to work.Also Can anyone tell me how to get the alarm/flashing light to work as have never used alarms etc before......is it simple to set up, can I have it detect a human size object and not identify a cat for set hours?? Hope I am making sense and look forward to any info. Many thanks
For each IVS rule you set. You can set time, settings for LED(on/off, or flashing, and adjust time on/flashing), Audio file play on/off and duration etc. So not difficult to set.
T5241H-AS-PV IVS Settings).png
Don't forget to set smart plan to IVS if you haven't already.

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Many thanks Steveee, once home after work I will give it a go, thanks very much.
Steve

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Quick update, had a look at IVS settings and I do not have the light and alarm settings, Have I done something stupid?? I swapped this camera with an existing one(just plugged in) number 1 on the NVR should I of unplugged from nvr and plugged back in to start afresh ?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Quick update, had a look at IVS settings and I do not have the light and alarm settings, Have I done something stupid?? I swapped this camera with an existing one(just plugged in) number 1 on the NVR should I of unplugged from nvr and plugged back in to start afresh ?
Are you connecting to the camera's web interface directly or are you connecting to your NVR's web interface and trying to edit the cameras settings from there? @Steveee's pic looks like its directly from the camera's web interface.

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have tried through the NVR and cannot find settings for flash and sirens are they only available by going directly through web interface?? Thanks

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have tried through the NVR and cannot find settings for flash and sirens are they only available by going directly through web interface?? Thanks
Sometimes the cameras get ahead of the NVR with their features and you have to configure some settings directly from the camera web interface.

I use Blue Iris now so I can’t test this with this model camera, otherwise I’d give it a whirl.

If you have a PoE NVR, there should be a button on one of the NVR pages that lets you directly connect to the cameras (if you connect to the NVRs web interface).

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have tried through the NVR and cannot find settings for flash and sirens are they only available by going directly through web interface??
Yes, the control for siren is only on the camera web interface. This is quite annoying as the siren by default will sound when IVS rule triggers.

On my poe NVR, I do the following.
On camera registration page, you should see "e" next to each camera listed, click that, should open another tab, enter same password as nvr.
If you can't see video, connect computer to spare poe port on nvr, log into nvr as normal, click "e" on camera registration page. Log into camera, when "download plugin " appears where video should be, click save&run. Next time you can login as normal via wifi, and video should still work.

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can turn LED on/off on NVR interface, but not control settings for it, ie flashing fast/slow or just on, or duration.
So this with not being able to control siren, does make IVS rule settings on NVR pretty useless, Unless you want siren to sound and LED to flash (default) every time IVS is triggered.

immageek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unless you want siren to sound and LED to flash (default) every time IVS is triggered.
It would be nice if they could add the option to turn the LED on once motion is detected and leave it on until motion has stopped and go off again.

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help but I still cannot get IVS to work!! I have 9 cams and all have IVS working but can’t even see the green box appear on playback, is it a fault on new cam? What should I do next please ? Thanks

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe the latest firmware renders the IVS to be broken. Are you saving the video to the microSD card, Blue Iris, or NVR?

Thanks for all the help but I still cannot get IVS to work!! I have 9 cams and all have IVS working but can’t even see the green box appear on playback, is it a fault on new cam? What should I do next please ? Thanks

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe the latest firmware renders the IVS to be broken. Are you saving the video to the microSD card, Blue Iris, or NVR?
Hi, I use the nvr to record to, still a bit of a beginner but as said have 9 cams all working ok until trying this one !!! Are you saying nothing can be done? How are others using the cam for alarm/flashing light thing it’s offering? Many thanks

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you logged into the camera? Not the NVR, the camera directly?

What is your NVR model?

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nvr model NVR5216-16P-4KS2E
Tried logging in to cam direct but when plugins open video image covers details and not sure what to do when logged in any suggestions please

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@stevep What Firmware is your Camera on (Information > Version)
I am on This version with no problems (I record on NVR, no SD card installed)
Screenshot (92).png
What browser are you using ? (I just use IE 11), Have you tried re -sizing browser screen ( Ctrl and - or +) ?

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tried updating cam firmware but it said upto date 2.800.0000000

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The normal footage records ok just cannot get ivs to work on this new camera !! Can draw tripwire but no green box is visible when I walk around to test !!!