Review-OEM IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2mp AI active deterrence cam

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tried factory reset also

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The firmware should have some problem, please use this one to test. Seems @jmwang fixed his IVS issue.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tried updating cam firmware but it said upto date 2.800.0000000
Andy often gets firmware from Dahua before it's available via the "update" button on the camera. The good part about that is if there is a problem with the current firmware, getting a newer version sooner can mean getting the problem fixed sooner. Sometimes the newer version has its own problems and folks here are some of the first people to run into them.

The nice thing is that Andy starts a new thread in his sub-forum for each firmware version, so there's usually a discussion about the firmware you can read before downloading it. If folks run into problems with that firmware version, they'll usually post a reply. So be sure to read through the thread before doing a firmware update and make sure there aren't any known issues.

AKhan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I got this camera installed today (got it from Andy). Everything is working well except I have issues with two way talk. When I trun on the option during live view...I hear loud echo...typical when mic and speaker interfere....the same piercing sound is happening on camera side too. Tried playing with volume of speaker and mic (lowered around 45%) which makes it better but then can't hear stuff.

Any suggestions.

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I take it you are NOT standing in front of your camera when you are trying 2 way Talk ? Feedback ?

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't use 2 way talk very often, but last time I used it , it worked OK. There was some interference, but not to bad.
These settings seem to work OK for me. I don't remember changing them recently.
Audio settings.png
You might need to adjust mic/speaker setting depending where your cam is installed.
Try moving further away, If you think it might be feedback?

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The normal footage records ok just cannot get ivs to work on this new camera !! Can draw tripwire but no green box is visible when I walk around to test !!!
It has been said, that you MUST use a browser that has the cameras plugin installed when setting up tripwires, or they won't work correctly.
So, use IE, not Edge, but IE to setup the camera, be sure when it asks to install the plugin that you do so.
If the settings is partially covered by the video, you need to adjust either the zoom on the browser, or adjust the resolution of your monitor.
I would set the camera back to factory defaults, then use IE to set it back up.

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Looney2ns, I have now adjusted screen etc so now no overlap, I use IE but if I am learning anything...... due to having an nvr with poe when I log in through the 'e' icon and then log into camera direct it wont let me download the plugin, it tries but says its a serious risk and stops!!!!this is where I am lost as to what to do next..... as said previously all other (8) cams are running ivs without issue all being set up direct on nvr.Thanks

Steve

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it wont let me download the plugin, it tries but says its a serious risk and stops!!!!this is where I am lost as to what to do next.....
If you're running third-party AV, maybe that's stopping it? I've had IE give me security warnings before, but there was always a way to continue around those.

as said previously all other (8) cams are running ivs without issue all being set up direct on nvr.
That can be an apple-to-oranges type of thing if those other cameras don't have newer features that the NVR may not be aware of (like on the active deterrence models) that require connecting directly to the camera to configure, so I wouldn't get too hung up on that. Hopefully this is just as easy as figuring out what's stopping the web plugin install on your PC!

Last edited:

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, Andy has sent me new firmware, is it possible to download and save it to pc, go into web browser access and update from there or do I save it to usb stick and do it through NVR usb? I am taking this in, but just want to get it correct first time rather than making silly errors, again thanks for all help up till now.

Steve

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I got this camera installed today (got it from Andy). Everything is working well except I have issues with two way talk. When I trun on the option during live view...I hear loud echo...typical when mic and speaker interfere....the same piercing sound is happening on camera side too. Tried playing with volume of speaker and mic (lowered around 45%) which makes it better but then can't hear stuff.

Any suggestions.
I must have changed my settings, because today spoke to delivery man and it wasn't that good. However you can just about hear me say "Leave it in the Greenhouse" and "put it on the chair". Unfortunately 2 way Talk doesn't come with a built in translator !:facepalm:

But he obviously got the message though :)

These settings work much better for me, and yes I've increased alarm delay time as well (bloody text messages when your trying to talk to somebody :banghead:)

Screenshot (113).png

Excuse me I'm English , and my excellent Spanish :wtf: haha !

I have to say I'm really impressed with these Dahua cameras, Although not perfect (nothing is), and they take a bit of getting used to ( if your a bit of a newbie like me). I now can have a conversation with someone from miles away, and watch what they do!!:D

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, so tried another firmware (90706) and now have it working although had already tried it before!!!!!!!Many thanks to everyone for the help offered. I may ask a few other questions once its bedded in regarding setting up times that the alarm/light flashing will be active and off for other hours.....Thanks

Steve

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What are your experiences with the AI IVS functions of this camera, specifically People Detection? I have Human as Effective object enabled, but both Tripwire and Intrusion Box triggers on cats as well as deer. Maybe I have to do the whole calibration thing, but I thought AI would spot the difference between a cat and a human without extra training. Strange thing is it I suspect it worked a few weeks ago, but now it doesn’t. I would hate to factory reset the camera again as all other settings are working now.

AKhan

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, face detection/recognition is on NVR. I should have said that.
It works quite well, as I said before at certain times of day it thinks one of my bushes is a face ,and the back of my head sometimes?!!
But most of the time it does work.
I do need to move the front door camera slightly to give camera more time to see face(archway blocking view). As it is now, if your quick it doesn't get you for face detection, IVS tripwire still works Ok though.
Hi Steveee...how did you enable face detection/recognition on NVR as I cannot do it. The enable check mark is greyed out for this camera and smart plan does not show option for face. My NVR is NVR5216-4KS2.

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi Steveee...how did you enable face detection/recognition on NVR as I cannot do it. The enable check mark is greyed out for this camera and smart plan does not show option for face. My NVR is NVR5216-4KS2.
I Don't know if your NVR will be exactly the same, but I've added How to set Face Detection and Recognition on NVR5216-16P-I Thread.

Dahua NVR5216-16P-I

@The North Face , Yes Mine picks up cats too, Don't get many Deer where I live. I need to move this camera slightly, so I haven't bothered looking at setting yet!