Review-OEM IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2mp AI active deterrence cam

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@The North Face , Yes Mine picks up cats too, Don't get many Deer where I live. I need to move this camera slightly, so I haven't bothered looking at setting yet!
This is so weird to me. I wonder if the AI functionality - whatever that is in reality - didn’t make it into this part of the IVS. At the same time, detecting a person vs an animal is one of the easiest AI cases out there. I’m not a huge fan of companies overselling their products and this one comes close. I purchased it solely for the purpose of using Active Deterrence on people only, rather than every cat passing by.

Anyway, I’ll try out the calibration guide from IVS/Global Setup - Dahua Wiki and see if it helps any. FFS, Dahua..

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
But cats and humans live in harmony :lol: And cats are notorious for peeing on my garden

This is so weird to me. I wonder if the AI functionality - whatever that is in reality - didn’t make it into this part of the IVS. At the same time, detecting a person vs an animal is one of the easiest AI cases out there. I’m not a huge fan of companies overselling their products and this one comes close. I purchased it solely for the purpose of using Active Deterrence on people only, rather than every cat passing by.

Anyway, I’ll try out the calibration guide from IVS/Global Setup - Dahua Wiki and see if it helps any. FFS, Dahua..

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think this camera is really very good for the money.
I have several of them up, and so far they have performed very well. I find the IVS tripwire and intrusion rules work as intended, LED light and sound alarm can be controlled as required.

Below example shows IVS in action for this camera.
Intrusion calling PTZ camera, and tripwire for Drive area.

What PTZ are you usIng? And how did you get it to follow? Thanks.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but is there away to turn the tripwire activated siren/light on/off via the gdmss/iDMSS app?

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Trying to get the alarm to work on this camera. What’s the setting In blue iris/IP camera? tried a few things but not the right thing. Thanks

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
In camera web interface make sure smart plan is on. Then under IVS create a rule and draw a tripwire or intrusion . Make sure the setting for schedule period is set for every day of the week or to your preference. Also make sure the audio and light boxes are checked.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast response. i think i got audio checked but didn’t see light.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah! :) Thanks @dudemaar I got it to work. i’v been sitting hear for 4 hrs trying to figure this out. I new to IVS, Smart Plan, AI. I’v climbed the learning curve. Nest step is to mount this camera but I’m out of time for today.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone here have the original audio files?

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Steveee, @The North Face ... I saw an upcoming 5442 firmware update has a blurb that mentions
"7.IVS algorithm update to reduce cat and dog false positives;"... maybe that'll eventually come to this model and get tuned for deer too!

Thank you for the info @aristobrat! Fingers crossed. How would we learn about this update’s release?

Edit: realized you linked a thread. Now watching Andy’s posts in that forum!

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think the 5241 cameras microphone is off by default and is set to "line-in" . There is no option to change this from a NVR. Only via camera web interface. :(

Last edited:

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So the people that spend thousands of dollars per PTZ Camera dont have this ability but the cheap cameras do? That makes total sense to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This above all I need, this is why I spent so much on the higher end cameras in order to get functionality like this. If I would have known from the start I would have gone to kmart and purchased the cheap cameras.............. Am I suppose to be happy about this? No one seems to understand the absolute importance of being able to call out a drug addict homeless ahole right before they drive a forklift through your building..... I am pretty tired of Dahua putting all the fancy WORKING firmware and software updates on the dirt cheap cameras and leaving the really expensive cameras updates to NEVER being updated or worse with crap updates.... I would never ever would have purchased 12 PTZ cameras as I was told y cameras would do this.. but guess what... again,, I WAS DIRECTLY LIED TO..... THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS... Sorry all, I am a little dissapointed.... I don't like being lied to and mislead...

Last edited:

svenk

n3wb
Reaction score
Holy shit guys. I FINALLY got IVS crossline push notification to work!!!

View attachment 45331
I had a problem with push notifications on gDMSS. They just wouldn't trigger. The fix for me was to disable and enable Push in Safety settings on the camera.push.png

But now I have another problem: When I open the push notification, I see no captured image or video. It says no record.
My camera has a micro sd in it. Interestingly if I view the recorded videos from live view, it works as expected.

Any help regarding this would be appreciated on what I'm doing wrong.

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since I now have the habit of finding and getting firmware directly from Dahua, I found a working update for this camera as well. No idea if it makes things better or what it's supposed to update since there are no release notes, but hopefully the AI human detection algorithm works better. I just applied it and it worked fine, but actual real results will have to wait until a cat or deer turns up.

The newest(?) firmware release is referenced here: Firmware (just search on the page)

The download page is here:
Username:dahuahelpdesk
Password:dahua2018

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since I now have the habit of finding and getting firmware directly from Dahua, I found a working update for this camera as well. No idea if it makes things better or what it's supposed to update since there are no release notes, but hopefully the AI human detection algorithm works better. I just applied it and it worked fine, but actual real results will have to wait until a cat or deer turns up.

The newest(?) firmware release is referenced here: Firmware (just search on the page)

The download page is here:
Username:dahuahelpdesk
Password:dahua2018
A quick glance, a lot of the firmware there isn't current. Couldn't fine a way to download anyway. The link you shared doesn't work.

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A quick glance, a lot of the firmware there isn't current. Couldn't fine a way to download anyway. The link you shared doesn't work.
Strange, I get straight to the login page when I click the link. Can't speak for others, but I found updates for both my cameras that I haven't been able to find when searching here and asking Andy. Maybe others are that lucky as well.

Edit: in any event, the firmware I found for T5241H-AS-PV was newer than the one I had on the camera and I haven't seen that firmware update mentioned anywhere else on here, at least not in direct connection with that model.

Edit again: if the link to the download page doesn't work, try logging in from instead.