Rich 3D Push Notifications

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
ANyone having any issues gettng this to work in V5? I have this working on V4 but can't seem to make any image show up at all when pushing to an iOS device.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone get this to work at all in version 5?

Reaction score
Anyone get this to work at all in version 5?
I am getting rich push notification on my iPhone using a version 5 server. Both "Alert image" and "10-second GIF" work for me, when I am on my home WiFI or on cellular. But around 1-2% of the time, I get a notification without the image, possibly due to intermittent network conditions.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am getting rich push notification on my iPhone using a version 5 server. Both "Alert image" and "10-second GIF" work for me, when I am on my home WiFI or on cellular. But around 1-2% of the time, I get a notification without the image, possibly due to intermittent network conditions.
Same here.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not getting any of that on the V5 machine. V4 works fine. I do also see the periodic notification that doesn't contain any graphic. My problem is it 100% of the time does not contain any graphic on the V5 machine sending the rich notifications. Not sure how to troubleshoot why this isn't working short of uninstalling and reinstalling. Any suggestions?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are ports setup differently on your system between the v4 and v5? At one point with v4, images were very finicky about how ports were setup.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by ports. If you mean accessing web server remotely, it doesn't even work while on the local network. I get the push sent to the iPhone, but no graphic at all, just the typical iPhone banner stating motion on camera "x" but no pic is attached at all. SMS seems fine but I'd rather the rich push notification work.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
IMG_0180.jpg

Here is an example of what I am getting for a rich notification

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When the rich notification feature came out awhile ago, there were a lot of threads with folks having issues with it. For whatever reason, remote access had something to do with it. Folks that had port-forwarding setup to where they'd access BI remotely with a unique port number that the router port-forwarded to a different port internally seemed to have the most issues. Folks that used the same external port as their internal port didn't... but this was awhile ago, so I'm not sure if that's still relevant.

I will get notifications like your example about if I'm on a network that blocks access to my BI system, like Home Depot or Target's in-store WiFi.

Might be worth doing a support ticket if you haven't already.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah - haven't opened up any ports yet - just testing locally on the LAN. I did send a note over to support. This is the one item that is keeping me from retiring my BI4 server so, I hope I can get it addressed soon.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey @aristobrat you were right!! Just as a test, I opened up a NAT redirect on the web server port and now the rich 3D notifications work. I'll have to look into this further becuase I wasn't seeing anything blocked going outbound but now I wonder if there was anything inbound I should have been looking for that was getting clipped. Thanks for the info!!!