Rocklin business furious after losses from smash-and-grab total around $100K

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is not a "smash and grab" .This is a burglary. Smash and grab applies only to locked glass cases containing jewelry or expensive cameras or electronics or precious stones . The cases are "smashed" with hammers and the items "grabbed " .The store must be open for business . during a smash and grab. Any other scenario is just a "burglary" or " robbery " Stop saying "smash and grab"
1711060617259.png

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is not a "smash and grab" .This is a burglary. Smash and grab applies only to locked glass cases containing jewelry or expensive cameras or electronics or precious stones . The cases are "smashed" with hammers and the items "grabbed " .The store must be open for business . during a smash and grab. Any other scenario is just a "burglary" or " robbery " Stop saying "smash and grab"
So is this a "crash and grab" :lol:

It's ironic to have bollards in front of the door that are spaced widely enough a car fits between them. The thieves appear to have been prepared to cut cables / chains between the dirt bikes, but it's unclear if they even had to.
Those cameras are exceptionally bad for a business, bad cameras / settings, mounted way too high.

I wonder what it will take for security foggers to become more common in the US.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What value is a thing that can never be registered? Parts I guess?
Why would they register it? They just use it daily. No need to register it.

I just spent a week in NOLA and saw so many cars with TX plates. So I started checking them and almost all of them had plates that were from other cars. Stolen cars and stolen plates.

We stay at numerous campgrounds all over the USA. Just about all of them have a certain number of travel trailers or fifth-wheels that are permanently parked there and are used as rentals. Just about everyone of them I have seen have expired out-of-state plates. Most probably stolen trailers sold to the campground knowing that they will never be looked at by law enforcement as they are not on the road.

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just spent a week in NOLA and saw so many cars with TX plates. So I started checking them and almost all of them had plates that were from other cars. Stolen cars and stolen plates.
Are you talking about the paper plates?

Reaction score
Are you talking about the paper plates?
No. Talking about regular plates. My wife's family is in NOLA and we go there several times a year. When I was there last time I could not believe the number of cars with TX plates. Never seen that many before. So I jotted down some of the numbers and description of the car. Checked them with autocheck.com and most plates were listed as for another car.