Saving to Synology NAS instead of using the SS due to lack of IVS support, how to comfortable manage on iOS

Ole

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for a practical solution for managing my Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE. Currently I am using the Surveillance Station on a Synology DS718+.
This is quite comfortable and the WAF is good since we are using the DS Cam app on our iPhones. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of IVS support. Tried to trigger the SS by a script that hooks on the IVS events, but that’s not working reliable enough. Further there are more cams planned, so I would have to buy some licences from Synology.

So it's time to think of another solution.

I would like to avoid additional hardware like a separate NVR. So configuring the cams directly is okay for me and saving to the synology by FTP also works fine.
But now the question is how to go from here? My wife would like to stick to a simple app where she can view the records. Is there something on the market that you can recommend? A timeline would be nice. I have no clue if there is a view like the motion detection in a continous records on the SS timeline. I have no idea how this information can be passed over with the ftp upload.

Alternatively is there a software NVR that would fit my needs and that would be running on my Synology DS?

The next question is the management of the records. Within the surveillance station there are time plans so I assume that one could do something similar to the ftp uploaded files. This should be the easier part.

The whole story is about the IVS functionality. If SS would support this I even would buy the needed licences :-/

How did you solve this? Thanks for your help.

Kind regards
Sven

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi @Ole / Sven

As you are already powering the camera:

You can try Dahua's SmartPSS on PC ( VMS software )

Many members like Blue Iris ( VMS software also ) running on a PC

Both have mobile apps associated with them, so I would recommend giving them a try and see what you think as well as checking out the appropriate sections in the forum.

If you go the NVR route you will need to go with a Dahua OEM nvr that can do IVS functions.