SCW NVR IP Conflict

daveog

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm brand new here but am hoping you can help me out. I have a Security Camera Warehouse NVR that has been giving me a lot of trouble with IP conflicts lately. I've had the system for three years and recently it started throwing an IP conflict every second, which is annoying, but I silenced the alarm. I spent an hour with the tech support at SCW and they couldn't figure out what the problem was. They eventually RMA'd the NVR and sent me a new one and it's doing the same thing. The error says that NIC1 is conflicting with the device at my router's MAC address. There is no other device on the network with the same IP address as the NVR and I've tried changing it several times. We even tried to setup DHCP during the tech call and it seemed like it helped for a couple minutes, but then started again.

On a separate but related issue. Since the tech guy reset my NVR, only half my cameras came back online. Since I installed the replacement NVR, none of my cameras are online. They all say user password error. The cameras have always been setup on an internal network and I never changed the passwords. Banging my head against the wall right now with the whole thing.

Thanks!
Dave

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
There is no other device on the network with the same IP address as the NVR
By what method did you determine that?
Suggestion : unplug the LAN cable from the NVR, and from your PC ping the IP address that the NVR was using.

Since I installed the replacement NVR, none of my cameras are online. They all say user password error.
Did you configure the new NVR camera configuration settings with the same password as was used for the cameras when they were connected to the old NVR?
If the (unspecified) cameras are connected to the LAN (ie not on NVR PoE ports) can you access the cameras web GUI at the camera IP addresses using what you believe is the camera admin password?

Does the (unspecified) NVR have the cameras connected to PoE ports on the NVR?
If so - perhaps the old NVR had used its own password to 'Activate' the camera, in the Hikvision way and you need to apply that to the new NVR camera configuration settings.

daveog

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I based my determination of no other devices at the IP address on the devices my router says are connected to it. Plus, I've changed the IP at least 3 times to other IP's not on the network. Seems like it would be quite the coincidence for that many not listed in the router. I will try to unplug and ping though. The NVR is a SCW Vanguard 16 channel and the cameras are all SCW Wasp Pro cameras. I used the same password to set up the new NVR. I will have to attempt to connect the cameras to the network directly and see if I can access their GUI. The cameras are connected to PoE ports on the NVR. When I installed the new NVR, it asked for an activation password. I tried one of the defaults and it rejected it, but accepted the other default so I assumed it was the right one.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I will have to attempt to connect the cameras to the network directly and see if I can access their GUI.
As the cameras are on NVR PoE ports - you would find it easier to connect the PC to an unused NVR PoE port, and change the PC IP address to be in the same range as the NVR PoE ports are using.
Plus, I've changed the IP at least 3 times to other IP's not on the network.
That's certainly odd, to give the same error.
It may suggest that the error message is incorrect or misleading.

As the cameras are on the NVR-managed PoE ports - I wonder if it could be referring to those.
Are there any duplicates listed on the NVR PoE ports camera configuration settings?

daveog

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have a pc I can plug into the NVR. I'm a Mac guy and all the tools seem to be PC based. The NIC IP is 192.168.1.100. The internal network is at 192.168.254.1 and the cameras are all plus one from that.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have a pc I can plug into the NVR. I'm a Mac guy and all the tools seem to be PC based.
If your Mac has an ethernet port, you should still be able to connect to the cameras web GUI via an unused NVR PoE port so you can verify the camera admin passwords.

daveog

n3wb
Reaction score
I called SCW tech support again today. They still don’t know why the IP conflict exists and suggested calling Netgear because the NVR is configured correctly. Netgear only has 90 days of free support so I really don’t want to call them and pay for help. Plus, I have a feeling they will blame the NVR and I’ll be wasting my time. She did export the camera files and emailed me the keys to reset all the password. Hopefully that will at least get my cameras up and running.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I called SCW tech support again today. They still don’t know why the IP conflict exists and suggested calling Netgear because the NVR is configured correctly. Netgear only has 90 days of free support so I really don’t want to call them and pay for help. Plus, I have a feeling they will blame the NVR and I’ll be wasting my time. She did export the camera files and emailed me the keys to reset all the password. Hopefully that will at least get my cameras up and running.
Maybe reset the router back to factory defaults, and re-setup.