Sentry charged my card for 3 years of service...

Reaction score
and I’m still deciding if I want it. I purchased a year in March and now my rate is locked in for another 3 years?

No email, nothing. Found it while reviewing my statement.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
and I’m still deciding if I want it. I purchased a year in March and now my rate is locked in for another 3 years?

Maybe contact their support on a workday directly?

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
Sorry! Just seeing this post today. Let me know if the issue has been resolved by support. If not, can you submit a ticket via email to support@smarthomesentry.com and reference this post.

Apologies again. We will resolve it.

-- Sam from Sentry

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score

A LOT of vendors do the same thing, Anti Virus companies, on line periodicals, Gyms you name it, that's how they make money. Its easier to just do it and charge you and ask for forgiveness later, lots of people just let it go and continue to pay it, Its a numbers game with them and the reason they do it is because its effective. Sometimes its your fault for not reading the fine print about auto charge and sometimes the vendors will just slip it in. I do not use Sentry so I won't hit them over the head too hard here but I would be reading the fine print about billing from here on in. I know I took it up the rear from Ancestry and it was because I was not paying attention to my credit card bill (the wife pays em) until it was 2 months into it.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A LOT of vendors do the same thing, Anti Virus companies, on line periodicals, Gyms you name it, that's how they make money. Its easier to just do it and charge you and ask for forgiveness later, lots of people just let it go and continue to pay it, Its a numbers game with them and the reason they do it is because its effective. Sometimes its your fault for not reading the fine print about auto charge and sometimes the vendors will just slip it in. I do not use Sentry so I won't hit them over the head too hard here but I would be reading the fine print about billing from here on in. I know I took it up the rear from Ancestry and it was because I was not paying attention to my credit card bill (the wife pays em) until it was 2 months into it.
Yes, I was curious to why @JNDATHP was charged: contract agreement overlooked, mistake, etc.