Set different sensitivity for each detection zone?

rj81

n3wb
Reaction score
I was wondering if there's a way to set a different sensitivity for each detection zone?

I have to set mine really high (like 99%) in order to cover the entire yard that I'm monitoring, but because it's so high it picks up thousands of false alarms from trees/wind/sunlight/shadows etc. But if I lower it to filter those things out, then it's not detecting half my yard.

So I was thinking if I could set it higher for the further areas, and then lower it for the closer areas, that may solve the issue (or at least reduce the # of false alarms).

Does anyone know if this is possible on iSpy, and if not, do you know of another software that has this ability?

Thanks

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
If your are running Blue Iris, look here Video Tutorials | IP Cam Talk at zones and zone crossing. It helps with alot of the FPs that I've had with things like wind moving shadows around the yard and setting off the motion detection.

Classsic

n3wb
Reaction score
I was wondering if there's a way to set a different sensitivity for each detection zone?

I have to set mine really high (like 99%) in order to cover the entire yard that I'm monitoring, but because it's so high it picks up thousands of false alarms from trees/wind/sunlight/shadows etc. But if I lower it to filter those things out, then it's not detecting half my yard.

So I was thinking if I could set it higher for the further areas, and then lower it for the closer areas, that may solve the issue (or at least reduce the # of false alarms).

Does anyone know if this is possible on iSpy, and if not, do you know of another software that has this ability?

Thanks
The only soft I know is ZoneMinder, but is only for linux system.
Zoneminder has really great motionDetect algorithm.