SmartPSS on macOS Catalina

shelestoff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
R&D of Dahua resolving now this issue...

jfberry

n3wb
Reaction score
Well at least I can get into live view with this... but device config crashes. But I take great comfort in the fact that Dahua are moving on this - I was genuinely concerned that they may just discontinue mac support!

FootSore

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, found the post and the link. Awesome. Was just wondering what to do about upgrading to Catalina as the Smart PSS is my only 32-bit app. I have beta running on a test install of Catalina on a spare Mac.
My images are small and only taking up 1/4 of the screen. Is this a setting I have wrong or a bug? Certainly doesn't do it with same cameras on 32-bit app.Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 10.29.33.png

jartivnik

n3wb
Reaction score
Добрый день! У меня точно такая же проблема. Окно не большое и его невозможно растянуть! Я не знаю что делать. Catalina 10.15.1

jfberry

n3wb
Reaction score
I would say its a bug. It does appear to be a bit wafty, but better than nothing at all at the moment

jartivnik

n3wb
Reaction score
Может есть программа от сторонних производителей? Для MAC?

FootSore

n3wb
Reaction score
I would say its a bug. It does appear to be a bit wafty, but better than nothing at all at the moment
Yes, definitely beta and easy to make crash, wouldn't want to have to rely on it. If the images were the right size I could live it with it and upgrade my laptop to Catalina and use the old mac for full control. But definitely good to see a beta supporting Mac/Catalina.

subi

n3wb
Reaction score
my preview video is a quarter of the size of the actual window. —> see attachment
seems to be a bug anybody else with this size problem? or anybody has a solution?
the support was unable to help because I’m from Switzerland... what has my location to do with not proper working software :)

Attachments

jartivnik

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe someone solved the problem using programs from other manufacturers not SmartPSS!? For MAC!

khunsomyot

n3wb
Reaction score
I use easy4ip, alternatively I use Bluesstacks (android emulator) and install GDMSS Plus for Android. Anyway, I'm still waiting for the full upgrade of Smartpss.

SNPBKMNL

n3wb
Reaction score

FootSore

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you!! This is a life saver for me.

I was able to install the app on Catalina 10.15.1

On a quick test, live view seems to work perfectly fine but on preview mode, the video skips back and forth every other second.
Seems to play each short segment backwards. So 12:02:30 backwards to 12:02:28 then 12:02:32-12:02:26. Each segment seems to 2-3 seconds long. Will leave live view up as it was crashing the app after a short while. Seems to be a step forward though.

SNPBKMNL

n3wb
Reaction score
Seems to play each short segment backwards. So 12:02:30 backwards to 12:02:28 then 12:02:32-12:02:26. Each segment seems to 2-3 seconds long. Will leave live view up as it was crashing the app after a short while. Seems to be a step forward though.
This is the same thing that is happening on my preview mode.

subi

n3wb
Reaction score
got the same issue. also i can't minimize the program...

atm4jim

n3wb
Reaction score
The preview is showing full screen instead of 1/4 size now. But I still can't seem to save the application preference settings (gear icon). I get a pop up message "Do you want to exit without saving? Ok/Cancel" but I don't see where/how to save it. I just want to set it so the program starts from the preview or last page I was on without starting over each time. Anyone able to do this?

Update: I got it to work. The Save option was at the outside bottom edge of the screen.

Last edited: