Some idiot keeps adding cameras...

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks decent. Only thing is the i7-10700 instead of the i7-13700 which I went with at the advice of @bp2008 (which is someone I'll always listen to! ) ;)
:)

The i7-10700 is less than half the performance. I wouldn't buy one, but especially not at $440. That is about double what I think is reasonable for it.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
One more thing, just for S&G, I'm trying simply ZeroTier out without Vultr. It takes 3 extra clicks to get ZeroTier going to run BI and then 3 extra clicks to shut down ZeroTier when I'm done checking BI on my phone or tablet when I'm out. Seems simple enough but I'll pay for an extra month of Vultr just to keep the server there (turned off) to make sure I'm happy with only ZeroTier. I'm guessing I will be but I won't cheap out while I'm testing...
FYI Oracle Cloud has a pretty unbelievable free tier which would do a great job of hosting a little linux VM with Zerotier and a reverse proxy server to replace what you have at Vultr.

But if you can live with ZeroTier by itself with no reverse proxy, that is actually the more secure option since it does not expose your Blue Iris web server to the world.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
FYI Oracle Cloud has a pretty unbelievable free tier which would do a great job of hosting a little linux VM with Zerotier and a reverse proxy server to replace what you have at Vultr.

But if you can live with ZeroTier by itself with no reverse proxy, that is actually the more secure option since it does not expose your Blue Iris web server to the world.
Now that I have a procedure for using ZeroTier where it's only running when I want to check BI outside my network, I'm pretty happy with only it. Even the less tech inclined people in my extended family are fine with it. It's not like it's an all the time thing for them. I think my sky cam gets the most views since it's pointed to the WNW as that's pretty much where any bad weather comes from here that people like to check out. If a need ever arises, I'll check out OC, thanks!