Some pics of this weeks install

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank-you. Never worked with these cameras before. Need to terminate 70 more ends, connect to 3 switches, 2 Nvr’s and 4 4K TVs yet. ?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Uniview does not get a lot of play here on this site but I use them on occasion and they seem rock solid for the price point, they are build very solid and get along well with different NVR's I have used them with.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
I did have a Uni 4k ptz a while ago. The picture was great, one of the best I seen.
It didn't play well with my Dahua NVR and was a little wacky with the zoom.

I was told that they got the bugs worked out of the PTZ and was wondering how the fixed cams looked..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Uniview does not get a lot of play here on this site but I use them on occasion and they seem rock solid for the price point, they are build very solid and get along well with different NVR's I have used them with.
We created a specific forum but there is very little activity. One unique feature that some of their domes have is that there's a firmware option that allows you to change the 12 volt input into an output for a mic.
They have a limited selection of camera designs and from what I've seen are pricier than dahua/him.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I have not tried out much of the domes but the bullets I have gotten have been awesome. As far as price, My dealer gave me a hell of a deal on them because he could not supply the dahuas stuff but the bullet in the above install posted here looks like a 2mp starlight version, I believe fixed 3.6mm and those were cheaper than I was paying for the Dahua stuff. At the time I could only buy from USA re-sellers because of the Purchasing limitations for the jobs I was doing. Seems Uniview has kept a tighter supply line that Dahua and Hik.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I did have a Uni 4k ptz a while ago. The picture was great, one of the best I seen.
It didn't play well with my Dahua NVR and was a little wacky with the zoom.

I was told that they got the bugs worked out of the PTZ and was wondering how the fixed cams looked..
I have some pics posted in the Uniview form.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
So I believe these are all 5MP with varifocal lens. They are rock solid cameras and nice picture too. Here is some pics of my first attempt at doing a rack.
015.JPG 013.JPG
still need to fit 2 more switches and a NVR in there yet and the Boss don't like the wires so im thinking of using that wire duct to hide bundle from out of wall into rack.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Yea You got the right idea, Cable management is always a thorn in your foot because your name is on it. Its easier to label everything now and clean it up a bit than to try to screw with it after the fact. I usually try to pick a closet where Its not to noticeable and also secure, looks like your room is a low traffic place. Will you be using some kind of UPS for every rack? Can't wait to here how the long term is with the Uniview stuff, like I said before the cams were great.