Starting without a PC and BlueIris setup

freddyq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, could do with some advice please...I'm about to purchase a couple cameras to be installed as part of some building work due to start soon at my house. I've decided I will be using a PC with BlueIris with the cameras but as I've got lots of other expenses to plan for and won't have much time to do PC and BI setup immediately, is there a way I'll be able to test the positioning and field of view of the cameras without a PC in place? Two main things I'll need to do are fine tune the positioning of the camera and it's field of view before locking it and then just ensure it's working properly once installed.

Would appreciate some guidance.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You can get apps on your phone like Tinycam or IP Cam Viewer. Plus most camera manufacturers offer their own apps.

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I did all initial positioning using my mobile phone. However do you have a computer available to do the initial set-up of the cameras?

Cheers, Steve

freddyq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did all initial positioning using my mobile phone. However do you have a computer available to do the initial set-up of the cameras?

Cheers, Steve
Great to know. They will be Dahua cams by the way, so do people recommend Dahua's own app or the two suggested by @bp2008 ?

And yes, I've got a couple of laptops I'll be able to use for more detailed setup and config. It's just the initial validation that the cams are working as expected over PoE and their positioning.

freddyq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any opinions on whether for testing my cameras until I get the BI PC in place, the Dahua mobile app is better or Tinycam/IP Cam Viewer? I'm on Android by the way...