striped screw on Dahua SD59230U-HNI IP 2MP 30x Starlight IR PTZ network camera

Reaction score
Hi,

I need help on a new camera, Dahua SD59230U-HNI IP 2MP 30x Starlight IR PTZ network camera, I got on Amazon. The screws for rear cover are both striped. I got one off, but the other won't move. I tried putting in a rubber band over the Phillips to loosen it, failed. I even tried to super glue the screwdriver to the screw, and that also failed. I really can't get a grip on this striped screw even with a flat head.

I'm a little afraid to use a drill to remove this striped screw. Would heating the area or cooling it help. Any ideas how to remove this screw?

Thanks in advanced

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Consider: Harbor Freight Screw Extractor and Left-Hand Drill Bit Combo Set 12 Pc

Apply tiny drop of Liquid Wrench or light weight machine oil and let sit with screw hole facing UP for an hour first. Try to unscrew again, if no joy, get out the drill and try the correct drill bit and extractor bit from the above kit.

Once you thread in the extractor bit I would turn the drill chuck slowly CCW initially by hand or use a T-handle like for a thread tap while pushing in to get the extractor bit to "bite"; using the drill motor may be too much to start with.

Last edited: