Stupid .dll missing....

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am tinkering with a new cellular modem/router to deploy for my home network. I want to update the firmware but when I run the updater program I get the two included system error messages. I'm running windows 11 but I get the same two errors on my Win 10 machine. I looked in both the System 32 and SysWow folders and the .dll's in question are not there. I have tried manually sticking them in the folders but it doesn't work. Any .dll pros that can help?

Attachments

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Your limited details are too sketchy to know exactly what hardware and updater program you're playing with to be of much help.

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Your limited details are too sketchy to know exactly what hardware and updater program you're playing with to be of much help.
Its a Fibocom FM 170 modem in a M.2 to ethernet enclosure. Software is a Fibocom windows update tool supplied directly from Fibocom.

I guess I'm more interested in what others have done to fix similar errors from trying to run any software they may have on their system. These errors are not specific to any one piece of software.

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Its a Fibocom FM 170 modem in a M.2 to ethernet enclosure. Software is a Fibocom windows update tool supplied directly from Fibocom.

I guess I'm more interested in what others have done to fix similar errors from trying to run any software they may have on their system. These errors are not specific to any one piece of software.
Did the update tool come with any instructions or readme file...?? If the updated firmware file is zipped then the update process may not work if you unzip it first. The .dll files it is looking for may be embedded, or you would need to know what specific file path it requires them to be in. I would just contact their product support team for assistance.

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did the update tool come with any instructions or readme file...?? If the updated firmware file is zipped then the update process may not work if you unzip it first. The .dll files it is looking for may be embedded, or you would need to know what specific file path it requires them to be in. I would just contact their product support team for assistance.
I think you're on to something. Yes it was unzipped. The .dll files are in the list of the unzipped updater.

Attachments

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This reply was very helpful. I downloaded the file again and this time used a Unarchiver tool that worked like a charm. I can now load the firmware update tool with no errors.