Swann NVR8-7090 to Hikvision firmware

magel282

n3wb
Reaction score
Edit:

Never mind as I have found what I needed. Please see bellow.

Last edited:

magel282

n3wb
Reaction score
After a lot of digging around I found the firmware I was looking for. It appears that my NVR-7090 is the equivalent to the DS-7608NI -E2 from Hikvision.

I flashed NVR_K41_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.101_181024 firmware from the Hikvision UK firmware portal without issue and everything is working fine so far.

My cameras are the Swann SRNHD-836CAM model. Found the equivalent Hikvsion to be the DS-2CD2342WD-I. I flashed the IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.4.41_170312 firmware to the units and everything is working great!. I should note they did work with the PVR prior to flashing the Hikvision firmware. They did lag a bit with liveview so I updated the cams so everything is Hikvision.

I can connect to the PVR with the Hik-Connect app with is much better than the Swann app. Also the iVMS-4200 app connects to the PVR without issue. The web version direct to the PVR works amazing as well. I can have all the cams on stream 1 without lag. The Swann web version struggled with this at the best of times. I always had to select the sub stream.

Also the Hik-connect app is so far ahead of the Swann version its not funny. The picture quality is way better also digital zoom is great!

Reaction score
I've done this myself recently and I found two things:

1) I was getting HDD errors even though the drives themselves were fine. I needed to format the drives to get them to work
2) The email notifications for line crossing is temperamental.

I agree though that the Hikvision firmware / software is miles ahead of the Swann one though.