Telnet on a new DS-7616NI-I2 / 16P

glfp

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello to all,

first post here !
My name in Gian Luca, I live in Torino (Turin), Italy.

I recently bought a set of HIK IP cameras and the DS-7616NI-I2/16P NVR.

I have two issues:

1) trying to FTP from camera to external server. This argument is already discussed in recent thread (https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/11264-Camera-snapshot-interval-FTP-from-behind-the-NVR) so I will follow it.
2) telnet access. It was removed from last firmware ? I have V3.4.2 build 160205 firmware on NVR ... I would try to activate IP forwarding.

Thank you for your suggestions !

Gian Luca

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Send some screenshots of your settings. Nvr, camera and router and we sort you out

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Specify your problem. Is it only the ftp problem you got?

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

glfp

n3wb
Reaction score
thank you for the reply.

No, first of all the problem is that I cannot access via telnet. There is no option to activate it on my latest firmware release ( V3.4.2 build 160205)

thanks in advance.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1. why do you need to access the NVR via telnet? I guess it is a nice feature to be able to control it via telnet, anyway if there is no setting in the normal interface to turn it on ( I believe they removed it actually in the newer firmware versions :( ... ) .
if it doesnt give you any response when you try FTP or SSH then it is prob not enabled.

2. I saw that you live in Italy. Me to, and I had the same problem before. I have Fastweb and a "TG589vn v3" modem router. it doesnt have any setting for the portforwarding in the normal web menu. But I could fix it via telnet with command, or even easier perhaps is to download the settings-file from the modem/router and edit the file so as it will forward it. I posted a how-to on this page . let me know if you need it.

you will need to do portforwarding to get it to work with a normal setup.

or buy a new router /modem =D ... but trust me you can always make a router portforward with a bit of simple hacking.