Trouble Adding Swann NVR System to iSpy

DanP

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, I use iSpy for 3 cameras at my office. I also have a SWANN NVR 8 camera system up at my lake house. I've tried, without success, to add the cameras to iSpy.

I have the IP of the house. I also have port 9000 open and pointed to the internal IP of the NVR.

Can't seem to get any cameras to connect.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ispy will not use the media port, it will need the rtsp port and possibly the http port. Port forwarding a hikvision NVR is foolish. You will be hacked. See vpn primer for noobs thread. Also note that you will be using lots of bandwidth.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you’ve got a lake house you have enough money to get serious about surveillance and security. Listen to Fenderman’s advice and get your act together before you get hacked.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I use iSpy for 3 cameras at my office. I also have a SWANN NVR 8 camera system up at my lake house. I've tried, without success, to add the cameras to iSpy.

I have the IP of the house. I also have port 9000 open and pointed to the internal IP of the NVR.

Can't seem to get any cameras to connect.
Hi @DanP

Port forwarding.. you should be able to see your camera online... perhaps from Insecam - World biggest online cameras directory

or perhaps another site...