UART/RS232 on NBD8008R - 3536DV100 V1.01

runekyndal

n3wb
Reaction score
finally. haha

i managed to cram a u-boot back on the spi flash chip and am now once again able to update via U-boot over TFTP.

I'm attaching my flashable binary here for the next guy

my board says NBD8008R-U V1.03 but it was bought as, and my firmware seems to be called NBD8025R-PL

i used a bus pirate and flashrom to flash the chip out of circuit.
Code:
flashrom -VV -p buspirate_spi:dev=/dev/ttyUSB0 -c W25Q128.V -w flashable-u-boot.bin
on first flash. most firmwares will likely start up chineese.
in uboot change than with setenv
Code:
setenv appSystemLanguage English
saveenv
Thanks for all the help.

R

Attachments

Last edited:

Nhat Huy

n3wb
Reaction score
On XM board have 2 ic rom (24c08 and 25FL128). 24c08 with serial id + mac address, 25FL128 is OS. If board have 2 rom you can flash uboot ( flash tool xeltek ) and then flash all by TFTP. Your NVR is recovery (not lost ID + chanel number). If board only 1 rom 25FL128 you find and backup address 3FC00 to 40000 have serial ID + mac...when uboot locked typing saveenv uboot will unlock you can flash anything on it esrase all 16M (empty 0 to end). Maybe carefull !

Nhat Huy

n3wb
Reaction score
finally. hahayou

i managed to cram a u-boot back on the spi flash chip and am now once again able to update via U-boot over TFTP.

I'm attaching my flashable binary here for the next guy

my board says NBD8008R-U V1.03 but it was bought as, and my firmware seems to be called NBD8025R-PL

i used a bus pirate and flashrom to flash the chip out of circuit.
Code:
flashrom -VV -p buspirate_spi:dev=/dev/ttyUSB0 -c W25Q128.V -w flashable-u-boot.bin
on first flash. most firmwares will likely start up chineese.
in uboot change than with setenv
Code:
setenv appSystemLanguage English
saveenv
Thanks for all the help.

R
Your rom backup only uboot if your board only ic rom 25Fl128 you cant recovery because you lost serial id (3fc00 to 40000).

runekyndal

n3wb
Reaction score
hm.

that could be whats causing my issue.. i have flashed a handful of different firmware's over TFTP.
and a good few of them boot up to GUI, functional. (no channels) and as soon as i start clicking around it freeze
and it does pop up and complain about default MAC address

by chance i have the first 8 megabyte of my original flash.. as dumped within u-boot but the range 3fc00 to 40000 is just filled with FF FF FF's

would you have a copy of this range? that i can manually correct in my image file ?

R

Last edited:

Yev

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, new to these boards, have similar board but slightly newer version nbd8008r-3536dv100 v1.04. The problem with it is, while standalone working perfect, once hooked to the web, starts rebooting every 5-10 minutes without a reason. Wireshark shows nothing, read full FLASH erase and flashing new firmware might help as some virus might have corrupted the CMOS (rebooting started after 2 weeks being online on my home network, no ports have been exposed, however tried xmeye couple times) So could anyone know where UART Rx, Tx, GND on this board? thnks

divx118

n3wb
Reaction score
My guess would be the three soldering islands CN11, but I am not sure. For my board they were in a similar position see first post. I have corrected the image links.

Yev

n3wb
Reaction score
My guess would be the three soldering islands CN11, but I am not sure. For my board they were in a similar position see first post. I have corrected the image links.
Yes, nice guess it did work, thanks a million.
Oh, just noticed on the second picture, 4 pins soldered, did you provide extra power to your adaptor? mine seem to be powered from USB so that had to solder up only Rx;Tx and GND connectors
Could anyone help with basic firmware for the mainboard nbd8008r-3536dv100 v1.04? Bought this NVR, Hiseeu H5HVR P4, worked 2 weeks allrite, then started weird things to happen. As the recorder connected to the web, it goes rebooting itself on average every 5-10 minutes, even with disconnected cameras and HDD. Once disconnected from the internet, all frying no problem. Lads told me it could have been some virus problem, so suggested to reflash flash from scratch. Do I need this UART, basic firmware and some TFTP software?? all inputs are very welcome cos I'm very new to this.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Could anyone help with basic firmware for the mainboard nbd8008r-3536dv100 v1.04?
This looks like your board - Hangzhou Xiongmai Technology Co.,LTD.-8ch 8M POE Extension H.265 NVR Board
And firmware linked in the page.

Lads told me it could have been some virus problem, so suggested to reflash flash from scratch.
I don't believe there have been any posts about a virus infecting an NVR.
More likely it's being messed with by internet bots - if it's accessible from the internet, and XMeye is in use.

Yev

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. Would it be rather this one?Hangzhou Xiongmai Technology Co.,LTD.-4ch 1080P POE Extension H.265 NVR Board There's a wee difference, like area 1 on the picture, on mine connector in the left bottom corner put vertical, on your link horisontal, in the area 2, my board is more populated with extra components.

Do you think the firmware would suit?

As to bots, like I said, I'm very, very new to this NVRs, I used that XMEYE few times now can see it was a mistake. Think reflashing over UART won't help?

Nhat Huy

n3wb
Reaction score
You can change port (dont default port) set password account admin (not empty password) , maybe fix it !

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Great! It's good that it worked for you.
Did you have any preference for the new style of interface?

Yev

n3wb
Reaction score
Great! It's good that it worked for you.
Did you have any preference for the new style of interface?
Unfortunately the rebooting problem persists, only when NVR connected to the web, just left this link in case some1 needed firmware for similar boards

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the rebooting problem persists, only when NVR connected to the web
Have you experimented with any of the network settings, such as an invalid gateway address, different DNS or time server etc?

Reactions: Yev

Yev

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you experimented with any of the network settings, such as an invalid gateway address, different DNS or time server etc?
all mentioned except for time server, haven't even seen such feature in NVRs menus?set as default gateway nvr's own ip but didnt work that way.

skyywalker

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, nice guess it did work, thanks a million.
Oh, just noticed on the second picture, 4 pins soldered, did you provide extra power to your adaptor? mine seem to be powered from USB so that had to solder up only Rx;Tx and GND connectors
Could anyone help with basic firmware for the mainboard nbd8008r-3536dv100 v1.04? Bought this NVR, Hiseeu H5HVR P4, worked 2 weeks allrite, then started weird things to happen. As the recorder connected to the web, it goes rebooting itself on average every 5-10 minutes, even with disconnected cameras and HDD. Once disconnected from the internet, all frying no problem. Lads told me it could have been some virus problem, so suggested to reflash flash from scratch. Do I need this UART, basic firmware and some TFTP software?? all inputs are very welcome cos I'm very new to this.
I know its been over a year, but if you would tell me which type of adapter you used Rs232, TTL, etc...
i would really appreciate it, i have the same board got bricked after updating firmware stuck at boot screen, i figured out the pin-out on the board but still can't connect to serial interface my guess is that i have a bad adapter

Attachments