UPS: sudden low backup time and warranty?

Francisco73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I hope that this is the correct place to ask about an UPS. I bought some months ago an UPS (See picture of the technical details). In the beginning it was enough for about 135 minutes of recording but after about 1-2 months only for about 75 minutes. I am using it for NVR4108HS-8P-4KS2 (maybe <8.3W Without HDD) and three Dahua 4431s (max 8,5w motorized lens 2w).

I asked the seller about the problem with the backup time. He contacted the importer who claims that there is nothing wrong with the UPS also claiming that part of the problem or the problem is that the UPS is not meant to be used with CCTV.

I am not a expert and understand very little but I do not understand why suddenly almost half of the back time is gone after only 1-2 months. Nor do I understand how a CCTV system would be different from a computer.

Question: there is still a warranty. Is the importer correct or should I try to get a refund or replacement?

Thanks.

Attachments

Rakin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What is your load?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope that this is the correct place to ask about an UPS. I bought some months ago an UPS (See picture of the technical details). In the beginning it was enough for about 135 minutes of recording but after about 1-2 months only for about 75 minutes. I am using it for NVR4108HS-8P-4KS2 (maybe <8.3W Without HDD) and three Dahua 4431s (max 8,5w motorized lens 2w).

I asked the seller about the problem with the backup time. He contacted the importer who claims that there is nothing wrong with the UPS also claiming that part of the problem or the problem is that the UPS is not meant to be used with CCTV.

I am not a expert and understand very little but I do not understand why suddenly almost half of the back time is gone after only 1-2 months. Nor do I understand how a CCTV system would be different from a computer.

Question: there is still a warranty. Is the importer correct or should I try to get a refund or replacement?

Thanks.
There is no difference between a pc and and NVR on the load. Regardless, you wont get any warranty from a no name brand and a no name seller. Dont buy off brand ups.

Francisco73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is your load?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Three Dahuas= 3x8.5=25.5w and the NVR 8.3w without 500GB HDD. 33.8W plus the HDD. Does the load make sense?

Last edited:

Francisco73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is no difference between a pc and and NVR on the load. Regardless, you wont get any warranty from a no name brand and a no name seller. Dont buy off brand ups.[/QUOTE

I agree but in my case this was the only one I was able to find where I live. The name of the manufacturer is DCP. Might be totally unknown in USA but they sell a lot in some other countries like here in Sri Lanka.

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First, use a load meter like kill a watt. Then multiply by the power factor inverse.

Sounds right. Batteries die. Assuming SLA (sealed lead acid) they have a Max life of 3 years and significantly less if you deep discharge them... And deep is anything over 20% of use.

So get new batteries, add more, or figure a way to run direct dc.