Urgent advice needed - installed tomorrow

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is the night shot from 3 cameras

And first camera separately
That looks pretty good, don't change a thing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Few things I notices while playing with the cameras in the evening.
1. Expected a better image. I may need to check the focusing at night. Image appears sharp, but when I walk passed it, I cannot get a sharp image of myself
2. The cam on top of the garage is sitting right in the middle. Problem I have - from the road, when walking to the house, one would take a 45 degree path, so the camera captures on the angle

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Few things I notices while playing with the cameras in the evening.
1. Expected a better image. I may need to check the focusing at night. Image appears sharp, but when I walk passed it, I cannot get a sharp image of myself
2. The cam on top of the garage is sitting right in the middle. Problem I have - from the road, when walking to the house, one would take a 45 degree path, so the camera captures on the angle
What's your exposure time for the camera? I've set mine to 1/50, I think) and seem to get a decent moving night image.

Have a look at this thread.

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
playing with different settings. I think I will spend few weeks just tweaking it a bit each night =)
So far my I got an OK picture with:
Garage and front door cam: 1/60 gain 30
I may increase shutter speed to like 150 and see what is better.
Also found that image was out of focus, so find it great to focus at night, with most of other things not visible.
And finally, realized that I was only watching the video on live view in the app, not the downloaded video. And on the live view, I found that there are settings for quality selection and for realtime smoothness =)