Username is empty after firmware upgrade...Help

John Who

n3wb
Reaction score
I upgraded my Hikvision DVR (DS-7216HQHI-K2) yesterday and broke the DVR. I think I have uploaded the wrong firmware to the DVR and caused the DVR not functioning properly. After I uploaded the new firmware into the DVR, the DVR showed successful message and rebooted. However, now at the login screen, the username is empty, even the Admin id which used to be there is gone.

Without able to login, I cannot downgrade the firmware from the GUI. I managed to connect to the DVR console using the USB-TTL UART converter, however after I pressed ctrl+u when booting, I managed to stop the autoboot process, but the screen just stop there with the prompt HKVS$ and nothing else. I type printenv, help and etc., nothing displayed.

I can see a lot of error message when I boot the DVR normal, please see attached file.

Could anyone help please? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Reaction score
im having the exact problem ive manged to get a bit further firmware downloads but when it reboots it still the same thing, if anyone can shed some light on this it would really appreciated
i used the follwing command to get it to download from tftp server
"setenv bootcmd 'tftp 0xc0700000 uImage; tftp 0x42000000 digicap.dav; boot 0xc0700000"