Video detection setting

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys - I rely completely on blue iris motion detection to trigger alerts and have set zones there. Hence, within Dahua's console, should I uncheck all boxes under Event - Video detection (motion detection, video tampering, scene changing). Some of the boxes are checked but trying to disable things that may interfere. I've already turned off IVS

Why I'm doing so - strangely enough, with no changes in blue iris or the cameras and no update on blue iris for 2 yrs, all my external cameras stopped giving me any alerts suddenly a few weeks ago. Internal amcrest cameras are still alerting

Thanks

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
if there's something else I should try troubleshoot first, I'm all ears. Strange behavior here

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI simply takes whatever is being fed to it.

I would check and confirm you didn't get a Windows or BI update snuck in on you.

But since you are using BI motion detection, I don't think any drivers or other updates outside of BI would impact that, but you never know.

I assume you tried a reboot of the computer?

Also make sure you haven't accidently changed the profile and it is running a profile that is not alerting.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still showing on 5.5.5.13 x64 from 2022
I have automated day/night profiles set on BI and there's something on the cameras that I can't remember I set or not - can I take out the setting from the cameras?
Also both day & night profiles have alerting on motion set
There have been plenty of Windows updates, almost one every month. Reboot done

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Will try and report back. Also is there any co-relation between schedules on camera or Blue iris or are the camera schedules irrelevant since all my control is on BI?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your camera schedules are completely separate from BI schedules/profiles. BI simply takes whatever video is being fed to it.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Figured it out - all are landing up in Deepstack Canceled alerts and I'm not sure why - each one of them shows a person so they should be confirmed. My deepstack version is also from 2022, untouched and it worked great for a long time

1715803788819.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like DeepStack quit working - was it the reboot that got DeepStack working again?

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Important detail. On each alert, it says Deepstack: timeout so I guess my deepstack isn't responding but doing a telnet to the port does work