VTO2311R-WP microphone volume issue

Kil

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought a Dahua VTO2311R-WP a while back. The doorbell itself works as expected and i a giant step up from google nest which it replaces.
I don't use the intercom function often, but realised the microphone volume is very low. It's on 100% in the interface, but to be heard, one needs to almost swallow the VTO.
Any voice from 10cm or further away isn't picked up. Within 10cm is picked up on véry low volume.

Things i've tried:
-Hard reset
-Changing microphone volume to 0, 10, 20, 30, etc to check if it's a software issue
-Took the VTO back inside and and tested from different angles, heights, etc
-Checked if the microphone-hole is plugged or something
-Tested via VTH, via phone/dmss, via internal SD recording
-Changed settings via another browser

I thought it to maybe be just the way these VTO's are, but when i compare it to looney2ns' videos in his VTO2301 review, it's a world of difference.

Any ideas what i might have missed? Thanks!

Reaction score
Yeah, that is not typical. I'm always impressed with how well the microphone picks up sounds.

Just curious, on the VTH (main VTH, btw, if you have more than one) under Settings (tap, not long press), Ring, Other, what is the MIC Volume setting?

Kil

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank for the reply.
I have only one VTH. I checked, it's called "Talk Volume" on this model, and it's on 80%. (tried to change it around, doesn't make any difference also).