What's with the temp display?

Reaction score
setting up a pair of new sd1a203Ts. Would like to overlay an outside temp. I enabled it via the setup webpage...and it's running 118degF? Is it reporting sensor internal temp or something? This is just sitting on a desk in my living room and it is definitely not that hot here.

Pneuma

n3wb
Reaction score
118 degree Fahrenheit is equal to 47.7 degree Celsius. That's a pretty normal running temperature for micro processors in idle. When the professor is running hard, the temperature can go up to 80 degree Celsius. I wouldn't be surprised if it is the temperature internally.

Reaction score
agree it's consistent w/ internal Si temp....but it's a user option to have it overlayed on the video. I guess I assumed the intent was ambient temp because why would anyone want to overlay an internal component's temp in their video stream?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
agree it's consistent w/ internal Si temp....but it's a user option to have it overlayed on the video. I guess I assumed the intent was ambient temp because why would anyone want to overlay an internal component's temp in their video stream?
Just ran across this today and remembered your post a couple of weeks ago. Maybe it'll help: Temperature Overlay in Dahua Cameras

Last edited:

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looking at it the other way, why would anyone want the camera to report the ambient temperature? You didn't buy a weather station, you bought a camera.