Where to local buy PTZ Ceiling Mount Bracket?

aforum

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone give me names of Local stores that sell PTZ Ceiling mounts (Im in SoCal), that I can buy in person today? Thank you.

I just got a shipment, discovered I'll need a Ceiling mount instead of L. But Amazon wouldn't ship for 3 days, and I don't know the names of local stores that would sell this.

Edit it is like an alternate Dahua PTZ, with the Male mount having an outer diameter of ~45mm. (Amazon has the Female slot at 49mm.)

Attachments

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is such a specialty item I am sure not many stores would caAmazon.

What camera? These things usually are not universal. Outside of a consumer grade camera that the store sells, if it is like a Dahua or Hikvision no store will have those.

You may need to rig one yourself if you can't wait for amazon.

aforum

n3wb
Reaction score
it is like a Dahua or Hikvision no store will have those.
This alternate style. Outer diameter of the socket (camera Male that goes into the Female mount) is about 45mm.
And on Amazon, I saw the Female diamater is 49mm, so I'm guessing that is the standard I am looking for. Ideas of local store names I can search? (Fry's Electronics shut down.)
Thanks for the reply.

Edit:
"You may need to rig one yourself"
Good idea, made me think of using a metal bar mount?
If it doesnt have pre-drilled holes going in the sides (instead of face), then anyone know how to drill the holes to match the mount screws?
Edit: I found the name to look for. "1.75 (inch) rod socket"

Attachments

Last edited:

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

aforum

n3wb
Reaction score

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make a run down to the local hardware store and see if they have a ceiling light fixture bracket that would work. Will still have to rig something, but I am sure it can be done.

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Attachments

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Make a run down to the local hardware store and see if they have a ceiling light fixture bracket that would work. Will still have to rig something, but I am sure it can be done.
Most hardware stores won't have this kind of stuff, but sometimes you can find it at places that sell video security and alarm related hardware and even then it's pot luck that they'll have what you want.

aforum

n3wb
Reaction score
hardware store and see if they have a ceiling light fixture bracket
Thanks everyone for naming hints. I was trying to think of what they would be called at Home Depot.

Update: I did have clearance to install this with the L bracket. But wow, this camera rotates so fast when going from Preset point 1 to 2. Plus it has 30x zoom. So with the weight balanced on the L bracket, it is a little wobbly (only when rotating fast but extra noticeable when zoomed in).
But now I know the views this gets, so I think I can order the Ceiling mount. PS I'm attaching it to a wood beam. So I think the AZ products will work.
I'm happy I got it test setup today, and happy for the answers. TY. :)