Windows Update Control and other handy Windows Config/Backup Utilities...

Reaction score
New Member Post - I'm an IT Guy and use plenty of tricks to solve problems. I'll try to add more later but here are a few easy to use methods to make a Win10 PC work better as a "server".

- Clean Up Windows 10 | 3 Steps for a Healthy System (Well explained and a good use of custom powershell script to easily remove Win10 crap.)
- Windows Update Blocker v1.5 (Handy simple utilities to easily do things like toggle/defeat Windows Updates and stop Edge, etc.)
- O&O ShutUp10 -Free antispy tool for Windows 10 (Bit of a duplication as Chris Titus already mentioned it in his page but I use this all the time. Very handy.)
- Ninite - Install or Update Multiple Apps at Once (An indispensable tool I've used for years. If you've never used it, you'll prob never stop once you've tried it.)

- Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free (My goto free image backup app for solid and reliable full/differential image backups)
- Free Windows Backup for Endpoint, Server and Desktop - Veeam (Excellent enterprise level free endpoint backup, great for secured network/local image backups.)

There are a lot of things I could post but I don't have them all in front of me and these are pretty safe and effective for about anyone to use. Maybe worth adding to the permanent guide(s) and/or "Cliff Notes" / Wiki info.