Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
While it is supposed to work with other browsers, keep in mind to ensure full compatibility, IE is still preferred. And this isn't specific to just Dahua either.

A trusted member here wildcat_1, who works closely with Dahua and gets "under the hood" of the firmware and started this post, said earlier in this thread:

"Not a case of only using IE for testing, it's more the case that this is the only fully compatible browser (until recent deployments) that truly work with Dahua GUI's. As we've all discussed before, other browsers unfortunately (up to Firefox support most recently) cause anomalies in config, maintenance modes, updates etc. All of this reported back to Dahua to tackle in future but while we all await compatibility with wider browser and platform acceptance OR browser agnostic GUI's, this is unfortunately where we're all at."

So while Dahua claims other browsers are supported, someone that looks at the fine details of the firmware, coupled with many users experience here, that Internet Explorer provides the best opportunity to set up the camera and the setting stick.

Doesn't mean you won't have a problem with another browser, but it is rolling the dice.

You can adjust the brightness. The camera doesn't need a lot to be effective. And as I mentioned it is either ON or OFF. It is why we recommend to get a camera with infrared if one doesn't have enough white light or doesn't want to run the white LEDs on all night.

And yes IE is still available:

Open up Notepad and Copy this text below in the blank space and do a save as IE.vbs and make it a shortcut on your desktop and then plain ole Internet Explorer will run again.

CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application").Visible=true

jitesh_88

n3wb
Reaction score
What browser are you using.

This camera is designed for quality image so the LED is either on or off - it is not motion activated as that could cause the camera to get temporarily blinded and then miss the good capture of a perp.
sorry for silly question, but i come from wireless battery operated cameras to this POE camera. so if the camera is always ON and always recording, what is the point of this Motion Detection and AI configs?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
sorry for silly question, but i come from wireless battery operated cameras to this POE camera. so if the camera is always ON and always recording, what is the point of this Motion Detection and AI configs?
The point of motion detection and AI configuration are to alert you for events you want notified on. If you don't care about that then just record with no triggers.

But most of us don't use motion detection and instead rely on AI with IVS rules as it is much more accurate.

But you can set the camera up to only record on motion, although we don't advise doing that.

TheOtherMike

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
FWIW, I have two of these covering the same area - one on the left looking diagonally right and the other on the right looking diagonally left.
One is setup with IVS, target filter on, human & vehicle.
The other is setup with SMD targeting human & vehicle.
Event detection is essential equivalent perhaps with a slight nod toward IVS as the SMD camera may miss about 2 or 3 out of 100 events, but the FOV is different so hard to judge.

jitesh_88

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for the clarification, another question i have is around the port, which one is the preferred one. tcp/udp/rtsp/http for streaming