XVision X4C5000BD-W-2 won't connect to HD-IP 8 CHANNEL POE NVR X2R8N

Ovil

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have an Xvision NVR X2R8N which has been running and working nicely for the last 7 years without any issues, I now purchased a new camera (XVision X4C5000BD-W-2) and when I hook it to the NVR it won't recognize it, I understood that the camera i bought is H265 which doesn't support by my NVR but, it can be changed to H264 so, I connected it to my switch and using a 12v power supply I can see the camera on the tool I'm using to recognize it (Device search tool), I can select it and modify the Network mode from static to DHCP, or change the password, etc., I then connect the camera back to the select the camera's IP (which is a link) and I get the browser (IE) open with the camera's login screen but, when typing the user/pass I just edied it won't let me login saying user or password is wrong. I tried to reset the camera and start it all over again but, it doesn't work. I want to log in to the camera so I can change it to Onvif and H264 so I will be able to see it on the NVR.

If anyone can please help, please? maybe there's a password that is default and I don't know it?

Thanks,

Ovil

Attachments