Zmodo NVR connection

kevins7189

n3wb
Reaction score
Will iSpy support a connect to a zmodo NVR with sPOE cameras attached to it? I saw a video on 'tube that shows how to do it with Blue Iris, but I can't find an equivalent place in iSpy that allows for all the custom strings needed.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have done it on BI before with the config below.
Note that the cam IP must be changed to yours, but set port to the right as I have it, as well as the path.
Since my IP was for the #1 cam attached to the sPOE NVR, note that the "camera" pulldown is also set to "1".

zmodo_NVR.jpg

kevins7189

n3wb
Reaction score
so using iSpy, do I have to use the VLC plugin or something? I can't find a menu like this in iSpy. - thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
so using iSpy, do I have to use the VLC plugin or something? I can't find a menu like this in iSpy. - thanks!
In my haste, I gave you only Blue Iris. Try this with VLC, open a network stream:
rstp:/YourCam-IP:10554/tcp/av0_1

NOTE: Please place TWO "/" (forward slashes) after the first colon and before the IP address, because the forum software will NOT allow me to place two next to each other!

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I remember trying Zmodo once and couldn't find a way to change the port. I don't think Zmodo allows customers nor offers their customers the option change the default port number. I know it sounds crazy, but that's why I moved on to something else

doesn't seem to work. My NVR is a Zmodo ZP-NJ18S. The only open port is 8000 that I can see.