12 cameras just for streaming

tung256

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
my friend is thinking of installing 12 cameras for his new daycare center.
he just wants them to stream for parents to view. so at least 10 users log in at the same time.
any camera system should be able to do that right? would the NVR care if 10 users are using the same id and pw?
also i am thinking of using this system since i've had much luck with them so far.
thanks!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You'd want each parent to use their own login and password. Otherwise, anyone who has ever been there will be able to view. No security in the model you're suggesting.

for what you're looking for, Blue Iris on a PC would definitely be able to be configured. I myself do not know that much about NVRs so I can't say about those.

fwiw, reolink has a very bad reputation around here so I wouldn't expect a good opinion to come up about them.

tung256

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You'd want each parent to use their own login and password. Otherwise, anyone who has ever been there will be able to view. No security in the model you're suggesting.

for what you're looking for, Blue Iris on a PC would definitely be able to be configured. I myself do not know that much about NVRs so I can't say about those.

fwiw, reolink has a very bad reputation around here so I wouldn't expect a good opinion to come up about them.
no, i wouldnt want individual accounts. then i will be managing and people calling to reset pw or something.
i want 1 account for everyone to view. so Blue Iris can do it?

no need for security as these cams are not in secured locations. very common area.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Simple to do on newer Dahua NVR's.. simply setup a "view only" account for each you want to login

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
my friend is thinking of installing 12 cameras for his new daycare center.
he just wants them to stream for parents to view. so at least 10 users log in at the same time.
any camera system should be able to do that right? would the NVR care if 10 users are using the same id and pw?
also i am thinking of using this system since i've had much luck with them so far.
thanks!
That's opening a whole crap load of worms.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.