12 vdc central power supply

cdltech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am considering replacing my 12 vdc wall warts with a central power supply. I would like to get rid of the wall wart spaghetti. This is an example of what I am looking at.

UPG 80076 9 Output 12VDC 5.4 Amp CCTV Power Supply

I am ordering new cameras to replace my old Arcvision analog cameras.
The cameras are HAC-HFW3231E-Z Dahua Bullet. I will eventually get some HAC-HDW2231R-Z Eyeball (Turret). Once they become more available.

I have 4 cameras. My new dvr that is also on order wiill support 8 cameras. Though I don't have any future plans of having more than 4 or 5.

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's weird how the product description and specification mentions both DC and AC output.
  • Includes: (1) 80076 9 Output 12VAC 5.4 Amp CCTV Power Supply
  • Input Voltage: 100-240VAC
  • Output Voltage: 12VDC
And for 12vAC cameras
to deliver power to 9 individual 12VAC security cameras.
But nowhere does it mention 24V AC as per your post title.
And it's massive!

Would you not be better just using a PoE switch for your new cameras? Smaller, neater, less wiring?

cdltech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I corrected the title of my post. It was my mistake. I was considering using a 24 VAC power supply. I thought all my cameras supported either 24 VAC or 12 VDC. After looking at the specs of all my cameras. I noticed one of them can only use 12 volts DC.

My cameras are not IP/POE cameras. They are HDCVI cameras. It is HD over coax. I already have RG59 coax installed and standard definition cameras in use. I am replacing my analog cameras with HD cameras.

My DVR will support standard definition cameras, 3 types of HD cameras and IP cameras.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, that makes sense. And highlights my lack of familiarity with Dahua part numbers, and laziness in not looking them up. Lol!