12U Server rack brand suggestions?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Crimson or VMP server racks? My supplier offers these two brands.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Crimson or VMP server racks? My supplier offers these two brands.
Hi @blake

I have not heard of those.

I ordered a Tripp Lite racket from Dell when I noticed a deal on it.

Craigslist often has some really nice deals also, and would be the first place I would look if you're tight on budget and potentially have room for a larger cabinet.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks Matt. Its gonna hold a Dahua nvr, 24 port poe switch, Ditek 24 port surge protector, Minute Man UPS, a modem and a router.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Matt. Its gonna hold a Dahua nvr, 24 port poe switch, Ditek 24 port surge protector, Minute Man UPS, a modem and a router.
Hi Blake, if you have room - do plan to want one day to want to add just a little more into the cabinet... lol, trust me sometimes you just want to add another 4U into a rack..

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's going in a closet with ventilation. What size do you recommend?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's going in a closet with ventilation. What size do you recommend?
Hi Blake,

You'll need to figure out what works best for that space. Just try to leave some extra room for additional equipment.
( for example I like to have a NAS there.. normally I use a PC case which can hold 4 HDDs )

If in the closet, you may not even need a cabinet. I used 1x3" wood to make a "rack" - or you can just get a frame to support the switch and patch panel.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In current house it's going to be out in open on office floor. New house will have network closet.