12x 4k hikvison camera on BI

kailibuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The CPU consumption goes to 90-100% the moment I finished adding all 12 cameras, default frame rate, 20fps, I believe and bit rate of ~3000. Initially I had them on H.265 without hardware acceleration, changed to H.264 with HA, but no change in CPU.

System is i7-8700K, 32gb RAM.

Is this a problem related to memory leak? I understand memorial leak would cause cpu/ram usage go up GRADUALLY, therefore "leaking". Here my CPU stays at 90 to 100% pretty much right after I open BI. On the other hand, RAM usage is not too bad, not sure if it will creep up or not since my PC just halt when BI is opened, so I had to close BI.

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The CPU consumption goes to 90-100% the moment I finished adding all 12 cameras, default frame rate, 20fps, I believe and bit rate of ~3000. Initially I had them on H.265 without hardware acceleration, changed to H.264 with HA, but no change in CPU.

System is i7-8700K, 32gb RAM.

Is this a problem related to memory leak? I understand memorial leak would cause cpu/ram usage go up GRADUALLY, therefore "leaking". Here my CPU stays at 90 to 100% pretty much right after I open BI. On the other hand, RAM usage is not too bad, not sure if it will creep up or not since my PC just halt when BI is opened, so I had to close BI.
Do you have direct to disk ??? Is your BI paid??

kailibuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes, D2D enabled on all cams and is fully licensed.

just can't believe with a system like this it's still not enough for the resource-hungry BI

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes, D2D enabled on all cams and is fully licensed.

just can't believe with a system like this it's still not enough for the resource-hungry BI
blue iris is not "resource hungry" if you set it up properly - see the hundreds of other users on this forum alone with many cameras on much less capable systems - you just have a user error issue...what is the resolution of your cameras? are you logging in remotely or viewing on a local monitor?

kailibuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
they are all 4K hikvision cameras. trying to view them on local monitor.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
they are all 4K hikvision cameras. trying to view them on local monitor.
are you displaying on a 4k monitor? that is a huge load...try reducing the live preview rate to 10 and in the camera change the fps to 15...blue iris is displaying the main stream.....with that kind of display load you may need a nvidia card for display purposes (many mobo's will still support intel HA while using the card)..
double check direct to disc settings for each camera..

kailibuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
no, I'm displaying on non-4K monitor, 1920x1080 monitor.

I changed camera frame rate to 10fps, and preview rate to 10...now my CPU is still hovering around 50 to 60%. bit rate the same in ~3000 only.

I changed to H.265 from H.264 in camera setting. I turned off HA to off in camera setting, and each individual camera to be default.

You think it's optimized?

50 to 60% still high, don't you think?

it's recording continuously...but no motion detection or whatsoever enabled.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
no, I'm displaying on non-4K monitor, 1920x1080 monitor.

I changed camera frame rate to 10fps, and preview rate to 10...now my CPU is still hovering around 50 to 60%. bit rate the same in ~3000 only.

I changed to H.265 from H.264 in camera setting. I turned off HA to off in camera setting, and each individual camera to be default.

You think it's optimized?

50 to 60% still high, don't you think?

it's recording continuously...but no motion detection or whatsoever enabled.
since you set the cameras to h.264, make sure to enable hardware acceleration, you should see a significant drop.

kailibuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
so should I use h.264 or h.265. all of cameras I have support h.265. I understand most recent update of BI supports h.265, too

if chose h.264, and turn on HA in BI option. what setting should I use for EACH camera, default, yes (no VPP), no, yes+vpp? what about "Also BVR"? should I check it off, too?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
so should I use h.264 or h.265. all of cameras I have support h.265. I understand most recent update of BI supports h.265, too

if chose h.264, and turn on HA in BI option. what setting should I use for EACH camera, default, yes (no VPP), no, yes+vpp? what about "Also BVR"? should I check it off, too?
h.265 uses more cpu in general and hardware acceleration will not work (it was added as a feature but is not working yet)..so use h.264 for now...
set it to YES...NO VPP...only yes.
leave also bvr unchecked for now..its for playback, you can test it later...