2 NVR recorders connected together in one network = lack of camera smoothness, tearing, freezing

pytanie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, sorry for my poor English
I would like to connect two recorders so that one would transmit the image via HDMI to the TV in one room and the other downstairs in the other room also via HDMI to the TV.
and there is a problem with these two Hisseu recorders. One is an 8-channel POE IP recorder, the other is a 16-channel one without POE. I connected and configured two IP cameras on them (I set separate permanent IPs in each NVR), and in the live view (on the thumbnails or in the full image from each camera, the cameras are still framed. In the settings, I set the number of frames, compression, etc., but unfortunately it doesn't help it helps, only disconnecting one from the network helps, then the image is smooth on one turned on recorder, when I connect the second one, the image stops automatically on two NVRs, it is not smooth, the DHCP settings remain unchanged

What would you advise me? Will you help me ? I don't have the strength for it anymore.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you attempting to connect both cameras to both NVR's?

If so, you might be able to if you do NOT use any of the POE ports on the 8 channel NVR, assign unique, static IP to the cameras and both NVR LANs, all in the same subnet, all connected to the same switch (a POE switch if needed).

Example:

CAMERA 1 (192.168.1.101) => SWITCH 1
CAMERA 2 (192.168.1.102) => SWITCH 1
NVR 1 LAN (192.168.1.103) => SWITCH 1
NVR 2 LAN (192.168.1.104) => SWITCH 1

Last edited:

pytanie

n3wb
Reaction score
yes, I have two cameras added after onvif with their fixed IP addresses: i.e.:

1 NVR (its static IP address to: 192.168.1.40): first camera: 192.168.1.30,

second camera: 192.168.1.31,

2 NVR (its permanent IP address: 192.168.1.41):
first camera: 192.168.1.30,

second camera: 192.168.1.31,

and unfortunately the cameras in two recorders lag, freeze, etc. ...

P.s Yes, I have one POE camera connected directly to the recorder via the POE socket, not LAN. so it can't be connected?? should I disconnect it?

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
P.s Yes, I have one POE camera connected directly to the recorder via the POE socket, not LAN. so it can't be connected?? should I disconnect it?
Yes.
A POE NVR assigns private IP's to POE cams plugged into its POE ports that are NOT on the same subnet as its LAN.

pytanie

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes.
A POE NVR assigns private IP's to POE cams plugged into its POE ports that are NOT on the same subnet as its LAN.
but surprisingly enough this camera works without problems!? there is a problem with the second camera that is already connected to the switch

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What you could try to avoid camera feed to both NVR directly, is that you add camera to 1 NVR and add NVR CH X to second NVR. Idk if thats possible with your equipment, it is with hikvision. Maybe you will move additional load from camera.

pytanie

n3wb
Reaction score
What you could try to avoid camera feed to both NVR directly, is that you add camera to 1 NVR and add NVR CH X to second NVR. Idk if thats possible with your equipment, it is with hikvision. Maybe you will move additional load from camera.
thanks, and how to do it? I added two camera recorders by their direct IP addresses in onvif

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Like i said:

Idk if thats possible with your equipment, it is with hikvision.

You would have to ask someone that have more experience with Hisseu recorders.

Logic is

Camera1 -> Add to NVR1

NVR1 Ch1 -> Add to NVR2

Since both camera and nvr channel is basicly a stream url.

pytanie

n3wb
Reaction score
Like i said:

Idk if thats possible with your equipment, it is with hikvision.

You would have to ask someone that have more experience with Hisseu recorders.

Logic is

Camera1 -> Add to NVR1

NVR1 Ch1 -> Add to NVR2

Since both camera and nvr channel is basicly a stream url.
thanks

are you talking about rtsp? I added one camera added to nvr 1 to nvr 2 as a test and there is the same lag

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Cant help any further don't have experience with such brand.
Good luck!

pytanie

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Cant help any further don't have experience with such brand.
Good luck!

but in general, tell me how you can do it in the recorders. maybe even on the example of Hikvision, the principle will probably be similar to other nvr

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On hikvision when i go to NVR camera management and click add, i can write ip address of another NVR and it will offer me which channels do i want to include from that NVR. Its like adding multichannel camera such as panovu, fisheye(4 camera mode), bispectrum thermal, tandemvu and so on. When added it will ask to add all channels or just Channel 1 or 2 or X

pytanie

n3wb
Reaction score
On hikvision when i go to NVR camera management and click add, i can write ip address of another NVR and it will offer me which channels do i want to include from that NVR. Its like adding multichannel camera such as panovu, fisheye(4 camera mode), bispectrum thermal, tandemvu and so on. When added it will ask to add all channels or just Channel 1 or 2 or X

What does this message mean?

Attachments