2-Up, Synced playback in UI3?

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can get this view, with 2 cameras playing back, with a timeline and alerts, from my direct-to-disk, 24/7 continuous recording, via an RDP session to my BI box:

Is there any way to get the same view in UI3 from a browser?

I want export/download clips from these two adjacent cameras, from approximately the same start/end points, so that I get the entire story when I re-assemble the videos into one. I want to do all of my management and reassembly from my Mac, which is my daily driver, and not on the BI computer that's sitting in a closet.

Right now, for example, I need to view the "downhill" camera to see when the coyotes come into view, remember that time, then switch to the uphill camera to see when they finally leave, remember that time, then export from the uphill camera, and then switch back to the downhill camera and export approximately the same start/end times. I don't need them to be exactly the same, since I'm editing in an external editor anyway, but the closer they are, the less work I have to do.

And I often mis-remember one of the times, so I export both clips, drag them into the editor, start editing, and then realize that one of my clips has missed part of the event, so I have to start over.

With the 2-up view over RDP I can at least view both simultaneously and figure out my start/end times before having to select each view and export.

The ideal case, and I'm not sure if this is even possible over RDP, would be to export from both views using the same selection of start/end times.

Is this a common use case? To export synchronized clips/alerts from two adjacent cameras? Or am I way out of the ordinary?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You could create a group in BI named "trail" or whatever, make the only members of that group your down trail cam and your up trail cam.
The URL to call up that group on UI3 and have it maximized would be:

Code:
http://BI-server-IP:BI-server-port/ui3.htm?group=trail&maximize=1
If "anonymous" user in BI is not enabled and you want to authenticate with the URL add this to the end:

Code:
user=username&pw=password
Additionally, you must also go to “Web server” => “Advanced" and UNcheck “use secure session keys and login page”.

Last edited:

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The two cameras are already in their own group, ThoroughbredTrail, and I can get them side-by-side in a Live View, but then I don't see the timeline or the clips/alerts.